Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I need some help. The dealer that screwed me over has finally gotten their Shelby. They are asking $25,000 over MSRP. I talked to the owner about the situation and he is determined to get his price for the car. I know the over charges have been coming down lately and I would like to know what people have been paying. If everyone would respond and let me know what amount over sticker they have been paying it would help me a lot. I am not going to buy the car from them since they changed my original order but I want to make a point to the owner. All responses will be appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok guys, I need some help. The dealer that screwed me over has finally gotten their Shelby. They are asking $25,000 over MSRP. I talked to the owner about the situation and he is determined to get his price for the car. I know the over charges have been coming down lately and I would like to know what people have been paying. If everyone would respond and let me know what amount over sticker they have been paying it would help me a lot. I am not going to buy the car from them since they changed my original order but I want to make a point to the owner. All responses will be appreciated.
Apparently just posting what you paid is not enough, you should make a request for people to post their invoices. It makes people feel better to see them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
... lol ^^^

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I paid $2K over MSRP.

Edit: A little background
Buying from a very small, non-SVT dealer way out in the sticks that's getting just one Shelby.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know not many people paid invoice, but if I can show that not many people paid up to 25K over it would put a huge hole in this guys case. I am just royally pi**ed off at the way he is handling this whole deal. I may not get my car but at least I could get a little satisfaction out of proving my point.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Msrp!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
MSRP, gave the dealer 5K depo 18 months before I took ownership of the car. We did not know the price or the options when I ordered but the deal was he had my money to do with what he wanted and when the car came in I would get it for MSRP. He got a white with blue stripes in and sold for $ 65,000.00 a few weeks later... that person did not make the same deal as me :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
MSRP, good luck INDY

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you have to pay that go buy a Z06 instead you will feel better. You can even brag that you got it for MSRP. Just dont keep posting that you got it for MSRP, it really gets old.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the responses guys. Keep them coming.
I may be wrong to prove my point like this, but this guy has really ticked me off. I have always conducted my business by taking care of my customers first and myself second. If you don't treat the customers right they will find someone that will. When I think back on all the vehicles my family has purchased at this dealership and all of the people we have sent to them I just can't believe he would act like this. Since he renigged on the deal we have taken our business elsewhere. I bought a new Silverado, $37,000, my brother bought a new F-150, $43,000, and one of my employees bought a program Trailblazer, $20,000. That comes to $100,000 this guy has lost. That's a lot of money lost in order to pocket 25K! If he had acted right then he would have 150K instead of nothing!

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you have to pay that go buy a Z06 instead you will feel better. You can even brag that you got it for MSRP.
You could brag but nobody will believe you unless you post an invoice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That made no sense, try again Corndog.
You said he could get a Z06 at MSRP then brag about it, I told him no one would belieive him unless he posted an invoice, remember? Do I need to slow down or are you caught up yet......lets see moron is here..... and you are really smart.....It was a bit of sarcasm towards you that amazingly flew over your dome.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You said he could get a Z06 at MSRP then brag about it, I told him no one would belieive him unless he posted an invoice, remember? Do I need to slow down or are you caught up yet......lets see moron is here..... and you are really smart.....It was a bit of sarcasm towards you that amazingly flew over your dome.
LOL someone got their panties in a twist.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 127 Posts