Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally was able to get my VIN:D . I know some you can track progress with your VIN. How do i go about doing that. Any info would be great. I'm trying to get an idea when I might actually have my Shelby.
CW
Vista Blue with White stripes.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What a coincidence, I finally got a Vin too!!!! This rollercoaster has been crazy and while I know everybody has a different experience I have to say that the sales manager at my dealer helped out a lot. Now its only a few more weeks till my Shelby is here. I have a quick question for busababy if you can what is the part number for the axle back exhaust you put on your shelby, I can now start getting parts for her. Thanks and to all those still waiting just have hope since they will be coming soon

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats, cwilder and Kronus01.

It's good to see my constituency of Material Hold Club members is getting ever smaller.

Hopefull I can resign my presidency soon! (Sorry, I haven't whined in a while)

·
Registered
171 Posts
rpretzel:
I finally received notice today that I have been serialized(have a VIN). I got the info from someone at ford customer relations who I had e-mailed since I could never get anything from my sales manager. The e-mail address is [email protected] I think. You should try to E-mail them and ask the status of your order. Make sure you give them the dealers # and the order # along with your name and order date. Hopefully this will help you too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
kronus01 - if you go to the Steeda Axle Backs thread under the Performance Modifications forum there is some good info on axel back exhausts. I got the same exhaust that busababy and 07 have - they will be put on my shelby next week - they say they sound great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
dsabldvt, thanks for the email address. I will try that route to see what's up with mine; I'm not getting much info from my dealer. Been on material hold for 2 months, I know others have been for much longer but I'm getting impatient. I got my new Ford Racing axle backs delivered today and need something to put one of them on. One of them came with the Ford Racing double stamped on the tip so I plan to send it back for a replacement.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put my deposit down and my shelby was ordered on 5-31-06. I got the order confirmation on 6-6-06, so I assume I've been on mtl hold since then "patient man". I have never felt comfortable talking to my dealer about it because he always says he'll let me know as soon as he hears something. Well it appears he hasn't heard about my getting a VIN or else the area rep hasn't told him yet. If that address doesn't work let me know and I'll try to find the correct one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I sent an email off to the address you gave. It didn't get kicked back so it must be a good address. I'll see if I get a reply. Thanks much.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I put my deposit down and my shelby was ordered on 5-31-06. I got the order confirmation on 6-6-06, so I assume I've been on mtl hold since then "patient man". I have never felt comfortable talking to my dealer about it because he always says he'll let me know as soon as he hears something. Well it appears he hasn't heard about my getting a VIN or else the area rep hasn't told him yet. If that address doesn't work let me know and I'll try to find the correct one.

I think maybe the customer service's only really value is that they give hope where there is none at the dealer. My experience with customer service is that their information is running about a week behind what is really happening. But it does make you feel better.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
rpretzel:
I finally received notice today that I have been serialized(have a VIN). I got the info from someone at ford customer relations who I had e-mailed since I could never get anything from my sales manager. The e-mail address is [email protected] I think. You should try to E-mail them and ask the status of your order. Make sure you give them the dealers # and the order # along with your name and order date. Hopefully this will help you too.
Congrats, dsabldvt!

I call customer service about once per month to check on my order. (I don't want to hound them too much...they have better things to to than listen to me whine :D ) I figure I'll get it when I get it, and worrying about it all the time is just making me age prematurely.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Rpretzel,
I finally found you a VIN.I looked hi and low and here it is.

1VINCOMINGSOONFORU

I will check on it Monday for you..................07........................

·
Registered
171 Posts
rpretzel,
Thanks! Try that e-mail address([email protected]) and ask them about your VIN. At least your not talking to the same people as on the phone. It only took a few days to respond initially(sent on Friday afternoon) but once they responded and I gave them more info, they responded immediately.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Rpretzel,
I finally found you a VIN.I looked hi and low and here it is.

1VINCOMINGSOONFORU

I will check on it Monday for you..................07........................
Ha ha ha! Good one, 07. It's so good to finally have a VIN, but isn't it supposed to have "T88" in it? ;) :D :D :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My order was finally placed and on material hold and waiting on a VIN number. I can't wait to get to the next step....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats, dsabldvt!

I call customer service about once per month to check on my order. (I don't want to hound them too much...they have better things to to than listen to me whine :D ) I figure I'll get it when I get it, and worrying about it all the time is just making me age prematurely.
great info, really appreciate the email Bat Line for order status.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
rpretzel,
Thanks! Try that e-mail address([email protected]) and ask them about your VIN. At least your not talking to the same people as on the phone. It only took a few days to respond initially(sent on Friday afternoon) but once they responded and I gave them more info, they responded immediately.
I tried that email address and I finally got a response today.

Still on material hold w/ no VIN#. They also requested I contact my dealer for any future inquiries.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry it didn't bring you luck. I was really hoping you would hear some good news. I've been following your status for a long time and felt I was in the same boat. Hopefully it will be soon.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry it didn't bring you luck. I was really hoping you would hear some good news. I've been following your status for a long time and felt I was in the same boat. Hopefully it will be soon.
Yeah, I wasn't too confident anyway. My dealer called me yesterday and we started talking about this alleged "Q2 of the 2007 model-year" delivery estimate we got from the regional rep. Well, it's starting to look like Q2, 2007 actually means calendar year, not model year. That means a delivery somewhere between April and June of 2007.

Looks like I have a long wait in front of me. At least the weather should be better when I pick it up.

I still have a hard time believing that someone in line for a dealer's 1st allocation has to wait until the last month of production to get a Shelby. That's over a year on material hold. No one should have to suffer that kind of injustice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts