Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like a cool forum to join. I've owned several stangs in the past (86 Saleen/94 Cobra.) Today I just sold my 06 Twin Turbo Infiniti G35. Because I wanted to get back in that V8 American muscle.

I signed the papers today for my GT500. The thing is, she is coming from Minnesota to New York.:(

I found a Black 09 with the Alloy stripe (my style.) HID'S/Interior upgrade/Shaker1000/LED light thingy/Cobra car cover.

Now I have to wait for the enclosed auto transporter to pick her up. Cool thing is, while I wait. The dealer will install window tint and the FRPP (4" TIP) mufflers (I think the 5GT.) She only has 5 miles on her, but will sound soooooooo sweet coming out of that truck!!

I look forward to many many mods.

Any help/insight on the following would be great.

1) I definitely want to drop her at least an inch or more?

2) Lower control arms seem small/weak. Since you all have wheel hop problems. I may start there.

3) Looking to have a 3:73 or 4:10 gear installed?

4) CAI, possibly FRPP?

Once I get the wheel hop problem resolved. I'll do full length headers/tune and possibly smaller pulley. I may decide to explore intercooler upgrades?

I'm sure I'll be on here getting acclimated to the new toy.

Thanks for your patience with me!:indifferent:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Congrats & Welcome!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Congrats, on your new adventure, and welcome. Best advice before going nutz on mods, do alot of research and decide what you want first. There are many posts here and on other forums about different applications, "package" kits, and what works well together. Some questions you may have are already addressed in the many posts.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Call Fred at Evolution Performance (610-485-3596)
or
Jay at JLT (757-335-1940)
Both use tunes from Jon Lund who is one of the best if not the best in the biz.

Surch out what you like then make the call's.

If you are a hands on guy, you can find what you need from the above and also some others.
Marsello at SilverHorse,(321-722-2813) Jared at Lethal Performance (877-253-8425)Steeda,BMR and there is lots more.

And, Yes you can tell them I sent you, They all know me well.

Dave, AKA BADBOY 500 :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
This looks like a cool forum to join. I've owned several stangs in the past (86 Saleen/94 Cobra.) Today I just sold my 06 Twin Turbo Infiniti G35. Because I wanted to get back in that V8 American muscle.

I signed the papers today for my GT500. The thing is, she is coming from Minnesota to New York.:(

I found a Black 09 with the Alloy stripe (my style.) HID'S/Interior upgrade/Shaker1000/LED light thingy/Cobra car cover.

Now I have to wait for the enclosed auto transporter to pick her up. Cool thing is, while I wait. The dealer will install window tint and the FRPP (4" TIP) mufflers (I think the 5GT.) She only has 5 miles on her, but will sound soooooooo sweet coming out of that truck!!

I look forward to many many mods.

Any help/insight on the following would be great.

1) I definitely want to drop her at least an inch or more?

2) Lower control arms seem small/weak. Since you all have wheel hop problems. I may start there.

3) Looking to have a 3:73 or 4:10 gear installed?

4) CAI, possibly FRPP?

Once I get the wheel hop problem resolved. I'll do full length headers/tune and possibly smaller pulley. I may decide to explore intercooler upgrades?

I'm sure I'll be on here getting acclimated to the new toy.

Thanks for your patience with me!:indifferent:

Welcome to the site, welcome to the GT500 club, and welcome back to American muscle!!! Good choice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts