Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
There was a show on the speed called CARS and in 2006 one of the shows was about the making of this movie the sick part was everyone back than was so waiting for their Shelby (remember Fred) and to watch them total 2 of them for the show was the worst but than the call came Aug 21 2006 that my Shelby was at the dealer and all the hurt went away :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There was a show on the speed called CARS and in 2006 one of the shows was about the making of this movie the sick part was everyone back than was so waiting for their Shelby (remember Fred) and to watch them total 2 of them for the show was the worst but than the call came Aug 21 2006 that my Shelby was at the dealer and all the hurt went away :)

Yes I do.You know whats worse?I have seen them crush Shelbys at work with a big crane and magnet.:jawdrop: I had to go to therapy for 6 months.:crbaby:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yes I do.You know whats worse?I have seen them crush Shelbys at work with a big crane and magnet.:jawdrop: I had to go to therapy for 6 months.:crbaby:
Why? Did they have bad clutches, or something?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Why? Did they have bad clutches, or something?
They were on material hold because of the Shaker 1000, and the buyers got tired of waiting.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There are several reasons a car gets destroyed.We have what is called a weld destruct room in the body shop.At random they will pull a body out of the body shop,take it to this room and chisel every weld and cut the body panels with a plasma gun to check for quality(bad welds,weld fitment and body panel quality).It is quite a sight to behold.We build cars with no VINS or serial #'s that get fully dressed that are used for test mules.They get driven on the test track and the rough road and beat on for durability testing.When they are done with testing they go to the crane(oh no Mr Bill).We build trial cars to are build by hand get driven for a few months and then they are destroyed.If they are not built on the assembly line they have to be destroyed.We build customer cars like the Prez, Grabber and Orfs car,pull the trannys out and put them back in,pull the engines out and put them back in and see how well they fare out in the field.lol.(I made the last one up so don't get excited.)Ha ha ha ha.My bad.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I heard that also about pulling the Tranny out beating on it and than putting in back in and than selling it. They shy away from the red cars but all others are fair game :stickpoke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts