Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don, (shelbygt500_897hp) was kind enough to drive up from his home to visit Sharon and I in Saint Pete Beach. We had a nice visit with one another and I got to ride in the monster that he calls a Shelby GT500. I thought I was back in the 60s listening to a 426 Dodge hemi! The car has a wonderful lumpy idle and just reeks horsepower!! Don took me for a ride and it certainly pulls! The muffler system is quite loud and I think he may be a future magnet for law-enforcement officers! His car is really beautiful and just amazing. Now I’m having DTs and missing my GT 350! It was great getting together with him and we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

Attachments

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim, I tried using the full image button but it was taking forever to down load on my Apple I-8 cell phone. I'm using my cell phone to post on the forum instead of the laptop. Sharon took the photos and one was upside down, so I just deleted it. I See another tutoring session on the horizon from you and Uncle Bobby this coming May!
You guys look so warm ........ :)
It was almost 80 degrees today!!

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, Ron. Enjoy Ft. Myers, it's a beautiful city! Don was on a tight schedule otherwise I'd have tried to get us all together! We'll definitely do it at Shelbyfest! Besides, I think your daughter would have had enough dealing with three Shelby idiots! 😱

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn’t have a chance to stop. I spent Saturday ministering at Fort Myer’s Rescue Mission and today I am already in Hobe Sound,FL , and will be heading back to Indianapolis tonight. It has been a great trip!!
Drive safely, my friend, and take your time! Let us know when you're safe and sound back in the meat locker! LOL! It was 80 degrees today!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Drive safely, my friend, and take your time! Let us know when you're safe and sound back in the meat locker! LOL! It was 80 degrees today!
We made it back into Indianapolis at about 3:30 PM. We had a great time in Florida! We drove all night so we can get back at a decent time today, I am pretty wiped out. Time to call it a day, back to the grind tomorrow.

·
#1 Mike!
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you and the family made it back safely. That's a long trip!! I'll bet everyone is wiped out! Again, thanks for the calendar, breakfast, and the great company! See ya in May!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts