Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a repeat question, sorry.

How many rwhp can one expect from a CAI and a tune, from FFRP. And will the exhaust from FFRP upgrade package really increase the hp that much.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If this is a repeat question, sorry.

How many rwhp can one expect from a CAI and a tune, from FFRP. And will the exhaust from FFRP upgrade package really increase the hp that much.

Thanks
their tune is really conservative for obvious reasons. not sure what gains you could expect. there should be some posts here about it. do some research. if you haven't dyno'd the car stock..do so..it'll give you a good baseline to work with. What exh are you talking about? headers, pipes, cats?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Like Milez mentioned.. The FRPP tune is very mild.. You can probably expect to get around 40 RWHP from that tune.. Probably add another 5-10 from the FRPP exhaust.. Now if you get an SCT tuner and have it custom tuned you will get a whole lot more.. I would say close to double the FRPP #.. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
What they said,
Most are ending in the 450-460RWHP range.

Our package ends up in the 495-510 RWHP range consistantly. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What they said,
Most are ending in the 450-460RWHP range.

Our package ends up in the 495-510 RWHP range consistantly. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks
Jay

Thanks, JLT is definately my choice, heard nothing but good things since the 03-04 Cobras.

Going to do a little more research...and maybe own the car for than 1 week, before I void the warrenty..lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JLT's products wont void warranty. You have to have a specific component failure (attributed to the mod) for that to happen. Mod away.

Don't count on that, you need a tune, once you alter the EMC your warranty (on your engine, anyway..and probably tranny) is screwed.

You can have all the friends you want at the dealership, that motor gets inspected by Ford Corp.

But at least my electric windows will still be covered :blueblob:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don't count on that, you need a tune, once you alter the EMC your warranty (on your engine, anyway..and probably tranny) is screwed.

You can have all the friends you want at the dealership, that motor gets inspected by Ford Corp.

But at least my electric windows will still be covered :blueblob:
converting back to stock is easy enough before going to the dealer. But bottom line, regardless of friends..the failure HAS to be attributed to the mod.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
WHat I tell everyone concerned to do is ask. Ask your dealer what they are ok with.
Most are ok with anything from the TB forward and the Cats back.

Ford knows you MUST tune on any CAI fom 2005-up, so they want you to do it right.
We also have picked up several Ford dealerships as JLT dealers in the past few years and they install them on customer cars too.

1) Easy to go back to stock
2) Most dealers are ok with it anyway
3) We have laws to protect us. They can't void your warranty for no reason.

Again, have fun with the car and if I can help you let me know

Jay

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..the failure HAS to be attributed to the mod.

I am familier with the law.

There is reality. Which is they say we won't cover it (and as far as engine problems, Ford does not want to replace $18K (retail) motors), then its lawyer time.

I am not saying don't do it, I am not saying there will be a problem, but be prepared to deal with a long drawn out fight (even if you are right, and Ford says so with out going to arb. or court).

Two friends of mine on SN95 GT's had motor problems (they were racing of course) and it took 2 months just to get the okay to replace the motor. They brought in outside mechanics/tech (the dealorship does not have the authority to replace engines)

My point is if you are strickly relying on the law, deal with reality "their lawyers can beat up yours"

Has anyone on this board had 1st hand experience trying to get a Ford motor replaced under warranty (not trying to be flippant, curious??)

That is all please drive through :thinkerg:

PS we need more better smilies

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P.S.

Jay this isn't a knock on your product, have heard nothing but the best reviews for years on the JLT (been following the product since the 03-04 Cobra's), and it will be my choice.

Any SoCal Ford dealors on that list of yours???

·
Registered
662 Posts

There is reality. Which is they say we won't cover it (and as far as engine problems, Ford does not want to replace $18K (retail) motors), then its lawyer time.

I am not saying don't do it, I am not saying there will be a problem, but be prepared to deal with a long drawn out fight (even if you are right, and Ford says so with out going to arb. or court).

Two friends of mine on SN95 GT's had motor problems (they were racing of course) and it took 2 months just to get the okay to replace the motor. They brought in outside mechanics/tech (the dealorship does not have the authority to replace engines)

My point is if you are strickly relying on the law, deal with reality "their lawyers can beat up yours"

Has anyone on this board had 1st hand experience trying to get a Ford motor replaced under warranty (not trying to be flippant, curious??)

Check out the more button....lot's of smiley option's thanks to Fred.:zlurking:

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts

There are a boatload of people that have had transmissions updated per TSB and/or completely replaced even though they have mods done to their cars.

I know of one in particular that had a complete trans replacement even though it had a JLT, 2.6" Metco pulley, 900 hp aluminum driveshaft, front and rear loops, 3.73 gears, a Tri-Ax and a set of drag radials on when they rolled it into the dealership. Not that I suggest that anyone else try that, but I know it's been done.

The chances of you blowing up the motor are slim to none with any of the mail-order tunes that are available (your performance my vary).

They only engine failures thus far have been attributed to running the snot of out them when they're WAY too lean. That'll do it. Then you have a problem, because the only thing that will do that is a different or highly modified supercharger and the wrong A/F ratio. In that case, break out the checkbook, cause Ford ain't payin' the freight on that one.

bj

·
Registered
938 Posts
I agree with VNMOUS 1 I just had the TSB done on my car in October and the dealer knew what I had did to my car, they had no problem with it. I have Many aftermarket componets on. I even have the stock Tranny parts they took out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts