Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 shelby GT500 race red
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here
I used to be a mopar guy now I just bought a 2013 gt500 with some mods am not sure about it
But from the car chopping it has a camshaft spectre cai and exhaust with tune .
How many gains over stock car do expect not trying to be specific but in general .
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just curious if yu know the ID or size of the CAI. Also can you tell if it has an aftermarket TB as well ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a picture of the cai if that help and for the tb I didn’t see the car in persin am waiting for her to be delivered View attachment 196756

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,708 Posts
Cams can gain between 35-90 horsepower and are highly dependent on boost levels and the aggressiveness of the cam profile. The real aggressive cams can bleed boost by 4 psi, give or take, so they're generally pullied back up to restore the level of boost, which can generate some pretty serious numbers. Take pics of the supercharger pulley and the lower crankshaft pulley and post them. Unless the previous owner can enlighten you on the cams, you may have to pull a valve cover and look for part numbers on the cams.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
That's a stock CAI. Note SVT on the heat shroud. The air filter is Spectre. As far as I know, I've never heard of a Spectre CAI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cams can gain between 35-90 horsepower and are highly dependent on boost levels and the aggressiveness of the cam profile. The real aggressive cams can bleed boost by 4 psi, give or take, so they're generally pullied back up to restore the level of boost, which can generate some pretty serious numbers. Take pics of the supercharger pulley and the lower crankshaft pulley and post them. Unless the previous owner can enlighten you on the cams, you may have to pull a valve cover and look for part numbers on the cams.
Thanks for the reply this is a picture of the supercharger
BD11CF16-8EDF-4809-BEE2-50BF4D592006.png
BD11CF16-8EDF-4809-BEE2-50BF4D592006.png

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Throttle body and supercharger are stock. The upper pulley looks stock sized to me too. Lots of guys that mod cars take off all the aftermarket parts to sell their cars, so that could be the case with this car too. Not so easy to do with cams.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Hmm, so could be aftermarket cams and a stock intake and pulleys. Let us know how the car actually runs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, so could be aftermarket cams and a stock intake and pulleys. Let us know how the car actually runs.
Will do thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Throttle body and supercharger are stock. The upper pulley looks stock sized to me too. Lots of guys that mod cars take off all the aftermarket parts to sell their cars, so that could be the case with this car too. Not so easy to do with cams.
I will try to find away To upload a video with car running on idle so u can hear the cam loop it’s clear as day light its cammed

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Definitely been 'cammed'!

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Stock cams are extremely mild with no overlap, so I'm not doubting you. Installing cams in a DOHC is not for the faint of heart and most guys need to have someone do it for them. They're not likely to pony up the extra cash again to return aftermarket cams to stock, is what I meant.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Idling a bit too low for those cams as well, so it's hard to judge how aggressive they are. Once you get the car in your possession, you might want to check engine vacuum. That's a pretty good indicator of how much overlap the cams have. If it's under 12 in hg, you'll need to check and see if the boost bypass has been replaced with a low vacuum unit.

·
Registered
667 Posts
OP...with all those mods maybe the previous owner can provide a dyno sheet ? Ensuring you get his tuner is BIG.

Reactions: Painlord

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
If the car has been returned to stock, it may not have a tune or a tuner. That may explain the low idle. OP, this is just speculation on my part, but someone going through the trouble of installling cams probably had a whole gang of mods done to this car. The fact you have a stock sized pulley on the supercharger sort of indicates he had a different (bigger) blower on the car too. I could be wrong. I just see tons of guys doing that.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,212 Posts
New here
I used to be a mopar guy now I just bought a 2013 gt500 with some mods am not sure about it
But from the car chopping it has a camshaft spectre cai and exhaust with tune .
How many gains over stock car do expect not trying to be specific but in general .
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum! You’ve come to a good place to learn about your Shelby.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: Painlord

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks alot guys i will keep u updated with everything

1 - 20 of 20 Posts