Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, 07 Shelby!
Just curious, how many have you got out yet? Arent you guys shutting down soon for a couple weeks? Any major production problems or are they ticking along like clockwork?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
cyrusapollo said:
Hey, 07 Shelby!
Just curious, how many have you got out yet? Arent you guys shutting down soon for a couple weeks? Any major production problems or are they ticking along like clockwork?

We are building approximately 3 per hour or 24 per shift x 2 shifts = 48 per day.None are out the door.
Yes starting the weekend before the 4th of July.
We are low on shaker 1000's,dooh did I say that.No we have plenty of shaker 1000's.Last time I looked there were 10 Shelby's out of 24 that had shaker 1000's for the shift.
We have a few logistical problems,but were plugging away.Nothing major.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07 SHELBY said:
We are building approximately 3 per hour or 24 per shift x 2 shifts = 48 per day.None are out the door.
Yes starting the weekend before the 4th of July.
We are low on shaker 1000's,dooh did I say that.No we have plenty of shaker 1000's.Last time I looked there were 10 Shelby's out of 24 that had shaker 1000's for the shift.
We have a few logistical problems,but were plugging away.Nothing major.

Thank you sir, appreciate the update!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My pleasure

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, sorry meant to ask this earlier, the sequential identifier in the VIN is the 12th thru 17th, correct? So if I get a car that is 1ZVFT88S17T000346, then thats the 346th Cobra built?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
No, I don't think it works that way.Sorry!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know the correct way to read them? I am sure everyone is going to want to know what number their car is from a production #'s stand point.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I cannot explain right now.I do not have the time.Please do not take this the wrong way.There is other ways to determine this.I am sure somebody will step up to the plate and explain this,maybe Busababy or someone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend who is number 1 ahead of me at our dealer has been told his car will arrive at the dealership June 29th. A first day production run car.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Well here goes, don't hold this against me if I am off a little, like the fine print always reads "Your mileage may Vary :) "

1st character- Identifies the country in which the vehicle was manufactured.
For example: U.S.A.(1or4), Canada(2), Mexico(3), Japan(J), Korea(K), England(S), Germany(W), Italy(Z)
2nd character- Identifies the manufacturer. For example; Audi(A),
BMW(B), Buick(4), Cadillac(6), Chevrolet(1), Chrysler(C), Dodge(B),
Ford(F), GM Canada(7), General Motors(G), Honda(H), Jaquar(A), Lincoln(L), Mercedes Benz(D), Mercury(M), Nissan(N), Oldsmobile(3), Pontiac(2or5), Plymouth(P), Saturn(8), Toyota(T), VW(V), Volvo(V).
3rd character- Identifies vehicle type or manufacturing division.
4th to 8th characters- Identifies vehicle features such as body style, engine type, model, series, etc.
9th character- Identifies VIN accuracy as check digit.
10th character- Identifies the model year. For example: 1988(J), 1989(K), 1990(L), 1991(M), 1992(N), 1993(P), 1994(R), 1995(S), 1996(T),
1997(V), 1998(W), 1999(X), 2000(Y)------2001(1), 2002(2), 2003(3)
11th character- Identifies the assembly plant for the vehicle.
12th to 17th characters- Identifies the sequence of the vehicle for production
as it rolled of the manufacturers assembly line

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there any truth in this statement, "all Ford dealers will get 1 Shelby before any Ford dealer gets a 2nd car"...I've heard it a few times & I like it as most of my cars come from dealers that will only 1 or I am getting their first Shelby. Thanks in advance PC

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
busababy said:
Well here goes, don't hold this against me if I am off a little, like the fine print always reads "Your mileage may Vary :) "

1st character- Identifies the country in which the vehicle was manufactured.
For example: U.S.A.(1or4), Canada(2), Mexico(3), Japan(J), Korea(K), England(S), Germany(W), Italy(Z)
2nd character- Identifies the manufacturer. For example; Audi(A),
BMW(B), Buick(4), Cadillac(6), Chevrolet(1), Chrysler(C), Dodge(B),
Ford(F), GM Canada(7), General Motors(G), Honda(H), Jaquar(A), Lincoln(L), Mercedes Benz(D), Mercury(M), Nissan(N), Oldsmobile(3), Pontiac(2or5), Plymouth(P), Saturn(8), Toyota(T), VW(V), Volvo(V).
3rd character- Identifies vehicle type or manufacturing division.
4th to 8th characters- Identifies vehicle features such as body style, engine type, model, series, etc.
9th character- Identifies VIN accuracy as check digit.
10th character- Identifies the model year. For example: 1988(J), 1989(K), 1990(L), 1991(M), 1992(N), 1993(P), 1994(R), 1995(S), 1996(T),
1997(V), 1998(W), 1999(X), 2000(Y)------2001(1), 2002(2), 2003(3)
11th character- Identifies the assembly plant for the vehicle.
12th to 17th characters- Identifies the sequence of the vehicle for production
as it rolled of the manufacturers assembly line
I don't think this is correct....the 12th - 17th characters portion. VINs are assigned prior to production, so they cannot represent the order they come off the line. Many others who work in the plant say that we have not yet found a logical sequence to these numbers.

I work in a manufacturing plant (not autos) where we have multiple products coming off the same line similar to AAI (Mazda, Mustang GT, Shelby, etc.). In our case, there are numbers that start out sequenced in the computer, but they are assigned across the products. In other words, a Mazda may get the last digits of 000321 and a GT500 scheduled just after that may get 000322. Even this logic is suspect, as some members who've posted VINs are seeing wide gaps in the numbers. Admittedly there is still some mystery to this.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
You are correct.They are not in sequential order.Let me see if I can get some more info on this subject.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There is no way to check what # in production your car was built with the VIN #.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called the Shelby Hotline and I was told that due to what HORSETRADERDAVE was saying, there is no way to determine production # from the VIN until all of the 07's are built. After that, it can be "decoded."

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
cyrusapollo said:
I called the Shelby Hotline and I was told that due to what HORSETRADERDAVE was saying, there is no way to determine production # from the VIN until all of the 07's are built. After that, it can be "decoded."

It can be done through the factory.No not every dealer will get one before all dealer gets another,some will get more than 1 car before a smaller dealer gets his 1.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Does anyone know how many Shelbys have been built so far?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
rpretzel said:
Does anyone know how many Shelbys have been built so far?

Depends on what you want to count but to be fair around 800.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts