Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
My guess is underrated. Not because the terminator Cobras were, but because the powertrain is so similar to the big money GT, Ford will want a nice dividing line in the sand between these two cars.

My best guess anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I voted "plenty more power" but there should have been an option for "slightly" more power. I think it'll be about 10-15hp up from advertised numbers. Also, because of the drivetrain, I think it will be similar to the existing cobra in that it will respond very well to modifications. Also, I think it will respond better then the Ford GT, since its an iron block, as opposed to an aluminum block.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what was that, someone on here claimed like 638 rwhp with a cai, you gotta be shi^^en' me...well the Ford GT actually made around 600 stock, and if it was underrated, maybe this one will be too....

...that would be the stuff!..........I'll pay for mine, when it's time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
...only maybe after cai,pulleys (ford gt),computer programmer,exhaust,and maybe up in boost of s/c....then I heard that 640 might be obtainable.;) :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya know when you think about it, those mods and a bit of dyno time really aren't that costly for what you are getting...that would be a beast.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The GT500 is comming out of the factory over 500 hp.Everybody is going to be shocked.This car is a rocket and lotsa fun to drive.All you vette people are going to enjoy a little competition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope you are right 07 shelby? I have a couple of chevy [vette] guys in my family they keep talking about the new camaro.I cant wait when this beast comes out so i can show them how shiny the shelby letters are on the rear end because thats all they are going to see ha ha ha !!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
The GT500 is comming out of the factory over 500 hp.Everybody is going to be shocked.This car is a rocket and lotsa fun to drive.All you vette people are going to enjoy a little competition.
Ford announced today the Shelby is comming out at 500hp.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Am I in trouble now for bringing up an old thread?

I'll put it this way. I've had my car for going on 5 month now and miraculously haven't gotten a ticket yet. The car has more than enough power for a semi-stock street car. I can't imagine what the newest model are like. I'm a little surprised the NTSB hasn't put some sort of horsepower limitations for street cars.

·
Moderator Dude!
27,892 Posts
We much prefer members start a new thread vs. reviving an old thread. Some won't catch the old date and they'll start quoting and replying to people that have long-ago sold their car and moved on.

Thread closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.