Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to make the supercharger whine on an 08 shelby a little bit louder? i had an 03 cobra before this one, and it seemed to be alot louder than the shelby.....will putting a smaller puller/intake make it any louder?

·
Registered
693 Posts
is there any way to make the supercharger whine on an 08 shelby a little bit louder? i had an 03 cobra before this one, and it seemed to be alot louder than the shelby.....will putting a smaller puller/intake make it any louder?
I would say go WOT! :grinbiginvert: :rofl:

·
Registered
86 Posts
an intake other than stock makes it alot louder. Also, you can send it to Steggy for porting and it will scream after that!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was going to take it to vmp tuning, and get the custom sct x3 and c&l intake combo....there based in debary, fl and is only about 45 min away from me......anyone hear anything about them?

·
Registered
191 Posts
i was going to take it to vmp tuning, and get the custom sct x3 and c&l intake combo....there based in debary, fl and is only about 45 min away from me......anyone hear anything about them?
Justin is solid...regular contributor here and has a good handle on these cars.

One thing a few people have done to make the sound louder is remove the hood insulation...not sure I would do that as I would be concerned about extra heat getting to the paint and stripes.

A CAI will open up the intake sound a lot...smaller pulley will as well, just make sure you go with a quality CAI (JLT, Steeda, FRPP etc.) and not the POS K&N.

·
Registered
639 Posts
One thing a few people have done to make the sound louder is remove the hood insulation...not sure I would do that as I would be concerned about extra heat getting to the paint and stripes.

A CAI will open up the intake sound a lot...smaller pulley will as well, just make sure you go with a quality CAI (JLT, Steeda, FRPP etc.) and not the POS K&N.
DO NOT REMOVE THE HOOD INSULATION, or you will say goodbye to your paint on an OEM hood.

Have a JLT CAI...and you can hear the blower just fine :banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,954 Posts
Drill holes in it :). Seriously though, don't. Where do you live that you're that close to VMP? I live in Wedgefield in east Olrando and can tell you Justin is great to deal with and I'm very happy with the C&L.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
DO NOT REMOVE THE HOOD INSULATION, or you will say goodbye to your paint on an OEM hood.

Have a JLT CAI...and you can hear the blower just fine :banana_hitit:
Who here has had paint issues with removing liner? I was told by Ford that the hood liner is for sound insulation and that removing it would have no affect on the paint. I drove the stink out of my car in 110 deg heat this month and no issues with paint. And yes your SC will scream louder with hood liner out, also make it spin faster (2.6 pulley) just my .2

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i just ordered exhaust, and will be taking my car to vmp to install c&l intake, tune, and pulley, cant wait to hear it scream and turn heads

·
Registered
159 Posts
My TVS with Justin's (VMP) 2.65 pulley and FRPP CAI screams like a Banshee. My kids love it!!!!

Stew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts