Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAPID RED GT500
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I sold my base 2020 gt500 and am picking up a 2021 base gt500. Mine will be rapid red stripe delete but my father has a kona blue 2020 painted stripes car. We were trying to figure just how rare his combo is knowing that kona blue is the rarest 2020 color. We are thinking painted over stripes without the carbon fiber track pack option is already rare but it being kona blue could make it that much more rare. What do you guys think? Here are some pics of his car with my old 2020 car.
Tire Cloud Car Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,482 Posts
Do you mind sharing that window sticker? I've never seen painted stripes as an option on the Base model cars.

Reactions: InPursuit

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,015 Posts

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
Hello all,
I sold my base 2020 gt500 and am picking up a 2021 base gt500. Mine will be rapid red stripe delete but my father has a kona blue 2020 painted stripes car. We were trying to figure just how rare his combo is knowing that kona blue is the rarest 2020 color. We are thinking painted over stripes without the carbon fiber track pack option is already rare but it being kona blue could make it that much more rare. What do you guys think? Here are some pics of his car with my old 2020 car.
View attachment 225164
View attachment 225162
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Regarding painted stripes on a base model… yup! They do exist, but not in large numbers. For the 2020 model year, Ford had the “Golden Ticket” program where the dealer needed a GT to order a CFTP, painted stripes or both. Most dealers used this to order a CFTP, but some did order a base model with painted stripes. We also saw some cases later in the model year where Ford relaxed the GT requirement. They allowed some painted stripes orders to go through from dealers that did not have a GT.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
150 Posts
Interesting. Gorgeous car btw. Definitely sounds like it's a very rare car. Will be cool to see if Ford ever releases the production number breakdown to see how many are like that.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kona Bl CFTP 2017 GT Black
131 Posts
Hello all,
View attachment 225164
View attachment 225162
I own the 2020 CFTP all options, with painted stripes. I am now assuming that this is the rarest of all the 2020 vehicles.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,236 Posts
Interesting. Gorgeous car btw. Definitely sounds like it's a very rare car. Will be cool to see if Ford ever releases the production number breakdown to see how many are like that.
What Ford releases for production #'s won't allow most people to break down the MY, resulting in how many of a given car were made..
That type of information is available from ( www.martiauto.com ), but currently only up to the 2017 MY..

·
Registered
2020 Kona Blue CFTP, painted stripes, tech pack
31 Posts
Nicely optioned car with the handing package. A Kona Blue beauty set up for the street. Then again I may be a little partial to Kona blue. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts