Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add one of the Truefiber or Suncoast ram air hoods to my Shelby. I have seen several photos of cars of members of this site with these hoods. I have asked on other sites about prep time for these hoods. I get answers like "not much", "very little", or "not to bad" for example. These can be kind of relative terms depending on how much money you have in your pocket. I will do without one if it takes $2000-$3000 worth of prep time as I have heard it takes on some hoods. Can any members give me a fairly specific dollar figure that it took to prep and paint your hoods?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Some of the guys had twist locks put in their hoods and the stripes painted on the underside of the hood. That's very expensive. The hood come ready to prime and paint. After looking at mine for 2 years I can find only 2 defects in the hood.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Some of the guys had twist locks put in their hoods and the stripes painted on the underside of the hood. That's very expensive. The hood come ready to prime and paint. After looking at mine for 2 years I can find only 2 defects in the hood.

I was the king of expensive. My twistlocks were the first Terry did. It cost a boatload because of all the trial and error. That said, he did an amazing job. Paint and finish is perfect. He thought I was nuts when I asked him to paint the underside. Then....a trend.

I don't mind being the crash test dummy.

To the OP, the Suncoast stuff is off our molds (Terry/ProGlass). They bought them from him.

bj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts