Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a gt500 an im waiting for some more miles an cash but i was planning on putting a 2.6 pulley bassani headers an full exhuast Cold Air intake an a tune
what tune should i go with thoe?? an how much pwr to the wheels u guys think i will have?

·
Registered
121 Posts
im thinking you should be at 540 at the wheels ,i will have mine dynoed soon all it has is a ford racing cai and ford tune and the results are awsome im hoping to be at 490-500

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
525-540 at the tires without the headers. (not likely worth cost and time for headers in your particular case)

bj

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
525-540 at the tires without the headers. (not likely worth cost and time for headers in your particular case)

bj
i like the way the headers make it sound thoe i wanna start the car up an rev it an have the whole parking lot turn an look lol

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have everything you mentioned except headers.
When I start my car up it gets attention,I set off alarms on other cars getting out of the parking lot at work. No sneeking in or out.
Don
Mine only had axelback 5GT stingers and it would set off alarms too! :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Header install on our car is a all day job and not worth the time and effort in my opinion.
Just do the pulley and mufflers and you are good to go.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i love the sound with the headers and the 3 inch pipes with cats. not cheap but sounds ALOT better than just new mufflers. only boosted my numbers from 631 to 641 rwhp but was worth it

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can do it easier (one step) and cheaper.

Go to evoperform.com and get the Stage 2 setup. Pulley, CAI and tune all in one, and the tune is setup for those specific components. One stop shopping.

That'll net you 525-540rwhp in one shot.

Unless you're going TVS or anything for MORE power than that, a full exhaust is not needed. You won't see big gains, but you'll spend a LOT of dough.

Get the KR exhaust, it's not expensive, sounds better than most any other exhaust, and there is absolutely NO drone at any rpm level. The weight reduction, and freer flow will get you about 15hp more give or take. $500 for 15hp, or $2,000 for 20hp.... there's the difference. And honestly, the KR's will sound better.

If you really feel the need to throw more money out there, use it more wisely. UCA/LCA's are a must, even at stock power levels, to eliminate the terrible and harmful wheel hop.

A new, larger, better heat exchanger will keep you out of heatsoak and give you more power for longer. That's about $450.

One piece driveshaft will also be a big help.

But aside from those extras, trust me... just doing a Stage 2 and KR's will make you realize just how much power can be unleashed from these things.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
i like the way the headers make it sound thoe i wanna start the car up an rev it an have the whole parking lot turn an look lol

Mine does exactly what you're looking for with no headers, but with the 3" Bassini pipes/high flow cats and flowmaster 44's. I have no idea if it makes any difference in the HP, but if its the sound to turn heads that your're looking for its the ticket. My whole neighborhood has remarked about it...but all of them said it sounds really powerful...not just "loud". They have no objection because it does sound so strong as opposed to just making noise.

I do plan on doing more later, but not until the clutch issue rears its ugly head and is done on warranty. I don't know if future changes will make the startup and idle sound change or not.

I heard a couple at the power tour with headers and the sound was really not much more than mine. It might not be worth it for the expense and effort to gain 20-30 HP if you're not into serious competition. Long tube headers are not a cheap add on, and its gotta be a huge effort to install them on these cars.

I'm sure someone else on the forum has done it themselves and knows how bad it really is to do the job, but it does not look easy....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts