Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many years do you think Ford will make the Shelby GT 500?What are your thoghts on this?Will they make them as long as people are buying them?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hey 07,

What are you trying to do here? Get us off the tranny issue thread? LOL! :D :D

OK, here's my opinion...

I feel Ford will make Shelby GT500s through 2009. Why not keep building as long as people want them? Simple rule of business: always leave them wanting more. You stop making them while people still want them, and it opens the door to bringing it back for the 50th anniversary. A perfect opportunity for building more hype, plus today's GT500 owners have had their's long enough that they can justify upgrading to the newer anniversary model. If I was running Ford, that's what I would do.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Tranny issue? Why is there one? Could have fooled me!:D :D I am dealing with this issue with BEEFEATER!:p

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tranny issue? Why is there one? Could have fooled me!:D :D I am dealing with this issue with BEEFEATER!:p

Glad you are taking this a little better:eek: It to shall pass.:eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 07,

What are you trying to do here? Get us off the tranny issue thread? LOL! :D :D

OK, here's my opinion...

I feel Ford will make Shelby GT500s through 2009. Why not keep building as long as people want them? Simple rule of business: always leave them wanting more. You stop making them while people still want them, and it opens the door to bringing it back for the 50th anniversary. A perfect opportunity for building more hype, plus today's GT500 owners have had their's long enough that they can justify upgrading to the newer anniversary model. If I was running Ford, that's what I would do.

Well, we are already making it through 2009 but what about after that?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well, we are already making it through 2009 but what about after that?
The special edition Mustangs have always been in short runs I guess. Three years seems about the norm for them. Ford's current sales problems could change all that if there continues to be folks waiting on lists to get one of them. It probably sounds selfish, but I like the fact that I have never met another Shelby on the highway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts