Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Have you needed the TSB done on your clutch?

• Yes, I needed the TSB (clutch/flywheel) fix

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • No, I haven't had any problems with the stock clutch.

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Just got the car, too soon to tell.

Votes: 11 22.4%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had their 2007+ or newer Shelby GT500 and have NOT had any problem with their stock clutch, and have NOT needed to have the "TSB" done on it.

Just curious. My car only has 2,300 miles on it (bought it with 1300) and the clutch seems to be doing ok. Aside from the normal noises of the ceramic twin disc. I presume since its only a TSB and not a RECALL that there must be quite a few people who have 20,000+ miles on their cars with the original clutch still kicking.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Have had their 2007+ or newer Shelby GT500 and have NOT had any problem with their stock clutch, and have NOT needed to have the "TSB" done on it.

Just curious. My car only has 2,300 miles on it (bought it with 1300) and the clutch seems to be doing ok. Aside from the normal noises of the ceramic twin disc. I presume since its only a TSB and not a RECALL that there must be quite a few people who have 20,000+ miles on their cars with the original clutch still kicking.
Count me Out!

·
Registered
102 Posts
No problems yet but I only have 1700 miles on it. I try not to ride the clutch to much to heat it up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No problems (09). No chatter no nada. 1500 miles. My dealer said at the 1st sign of a problem to bring it in and he will cover it.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I only have 1100 miles on it, and really have not been beating on it much (yet), so its been OK other than needing quite a bit more leg muscle to use than a new vette or camaro.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine's going in in a couple of weeks- 3500 miles. Started giving me problems around 2000 miles.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

2007 GT500 19,000 miles

Clutch replaced twice.

Complete Tranny replaced once.

so far....

·
Registered
662 Posts
No problems here!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just North of 38000 on the clock, zero problems.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
LOL jesus!! why?!

First clutch around 9,000 miles was feeling sticky between 1st and 2nd and hard to get into reverse. Had the clutch changed.

Then was still having some slight problems around 11-12,000 miles w/ engaging 2nd. At this time I also got some inside word that the flywheels were warping so I got the dealer to order the new type flywheel under warranty...also...

Knowing someone at Ford I had an upgraded Transmission installed w/ the new type input shaft and syncros.

So along w/ a new clutch, got the latest type flywheel and transmission put into my car.

So basically I'm running a late 2009 tranny and clutch set-up.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I ran into a guy with a 2008 who was dropping his off at the dealer for the trans fix at 18,000 miles. He said the dealer refused to cover it....said it was abuse. He went thru a friend with a connect at Ford who called the dealer and got it covered. He said the pictures of the damage were identical to those in the TB.
I ran into a guy from the company making the new flywheels while at the HRM power tour last week. He said they are making over 200 of the new flywheels per week and shipping them all over the world. Lets hope this turns into a full blown recall. It would really suck to have the clutch/flywheel problem at 38,000 miles or a month after your car goes off warranty.
Does anybody have a goot SVT dealer to recommend north of Detroit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My clutch is fried...chatters, hard to get into first. Now slipping. Obviously defective. Dealer wants $3000 to fix, cause am one month past 3 year bumper to bumper. Have extended warranty, but dealer says clutch not covered under extended warranty. Thinking about getting my lawyer involved. If anyone has any advice, documentation that could help I'd appreciate it

Thanks,

Mike

2007 coupe, Red with White stripe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no problems here 11,000 miles

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
A little over 5000 miles and no issues. It is puzzling why some cars have it and others don't. I've read of some people not even getting 700 miles on the car before failure and others were over the 36,000 mile mark when it failed. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts