Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for my question is that I found my car on ebay and called the dealership to make an offer,Needless to say they turned it down but about a week and half later they called saying the auction winner never sent a deposit and that they were willing to deal with me. I bought the car sight unseen and it was the color/combo I was looking for. I never met the salesman or the dealership (they were 11 hrs away) and they also delivered it in an enclosed trailer to my driveway. Everything went perfect and I was wondering if anyone else has a similiar story they would like to share.Thanks

BTW... I bought the car for what I offered which was 8,000 less than it brought on ebay.:D :D

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I ordered both my cars, so I guess they were both sight unseen. My Deposit was not refundable.

Does that count?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure it counts,
But I was looking for stories about buying their cars from out of state and having them delivered without ever meeting the dealer/dealership.
Thanks for the reply.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sure it counts,
But I was looking for stories about buying their cars from out of state and having them delivered without ever meeting the dealer/dealership.
Thanks for the reply.:)
I found mine on eBay last April. They were asking $20,000 over sticker. Called made an offer $10,000 over. They said no way these are hot cars plus they brought from another dealer at $10,000 over. I called them back in mid May still had the car offered again $10,000. Turned me down again, but the manager could not have been nicer. Called back 1st week of June they took $10,000. I'm in upstate NY car was in Michigan. It was at my office in 3 days. They delivered the car to me for $900. The entire deal could not have been any easier. I still get info in the mail from the manager and a catalog once in a while on accessories. Harold Zeigler Ford in MI, I would go back to them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi bought mine from a dealer out of texas never met them nor the salesman and had it shipped to my house and everything was fine.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Bought my Shelby from a dealer who had an allocation for one.

Bought the Pace Car off of Ebay sight unseen. Talked to the seller prolly several hours total, developed a good feeling and went for it. All was exactly as stated and pictured and it was a 11 year old perfect car :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bought mine off E-bay from a dealer in Kentucky for $2000 under sticker. (It had 180 miles on it). Delivered to my door on trailer for $600. Completely satisfied.:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I got screwed out of an msrp deal from a dealer in South Bend, IN.:mad: So I then turned to the internet and found one on Ebay From Champion Ford in Erie, Pa. but had to pay an adm. Did the whole deal over the phone. I chose to fly to Erie and drove it home. The dealer was great. They picked me up at the airport and had everything ready. I was on my way in less than 1 hour.

I then turned my sights:mad: on the dealer in South Bend and to make a long story short, settled with them, their lawyer, and the Ford rep. for what ever I wanted at msrp. So I then ordered the black GT500 vert. I kept it for about 9 months and sold it to a young couple in Chicago for msrp.

Cal

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Here's my story:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11515

Friend from another web site found me my new 07 Black vert for MSRP last summer. Only problem was that it was in NC and I'm in MN. Bought it site unseen over the phone from the dealer.

The link shows part of my adventure meeting new friends, picking it up and driving it home.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bought mine from a dealer in Michigan sight un seen and never met anyone in person from the dealership as it was 1300+ miles from me, everything went OK..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I got screwed out of an msrp deal from a dealer in South Bend, IN.:mad: So I then turned to the internet and found one on Ebay From Champion Ford in Erie, Pa. but had to pay an adm. Did the whole deal over the phone. I chose to fly to Erie and drove it home. The dealer was great. They picked me up at the airport and had everything ready. I was on my way in less than 1 hour.

I then turned my sights:mad: on the dealer in South Bend and to make a long story short, settled with them, their lawyer, and the Ford rep. for what ever I wanted at msrp. So I then ordered the black GT500 vert. I kept it for about 9 months and sold it to a young couple in Chicago for msrp.

Cal
I have a long story too with a dealer who forced me to get my lawyer involved too I just don't like to post about it, too long of a story to type.
In the end I got my car and that's what matters .

·
Registered
429 Posts
i sold mine to myself, and sent some one else after it , but being in the biz i guess is different?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I have a long story too with a dealer who forced me to get my lawyer involved too I just don't like to post about it, too long of a story to type.
In the end I got my car and that's what matters .
Same here, just trying to forget about it. The vert only had 250 miles when I sold it at msrp. I wish I had a few more. I could have sold that car 3 times that week.:)

Cal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back in late 2004 I had tried to order an 05 Mustang GT from a local dealer here in PA, but it never came in. I looked all over on the internet, came close to deals in Chicago and even California but finally found one in Ohio a little over 3 hours away.
Bought it in the morning over the phone, had a friend drive me over, picked it up and drove it home. A year and a half later, I ordered my 07 GT500 from the same dealer. It’s a great dealership and would be happy to do more business with them if they were only closer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I picked mine up from a dealer about 30 miles away never saw the car until i picked it up, all done on the internet and phone $8k over. I don't know what kind of issues you would have if something was marginal such as paint or bad stripe installation. I realize they have a warranty but who wants a new car with repaint or patched up stripe

LLoyd

·
Registered
267 Posts
I purchased mine on E-bay from a dealer in Michigan about 1700 miles away.. Never met anyone but the dealer owner was the nicest guy I have dealt with in a long time.. 2 days later I did all the paperwork and within 4 days I had my car in an enclosed trailer... Everything was just as the pictures looked...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered mine from a dealership in Chattanooga with a $5K non-refundable deposit. The whole process went without a hitch and I had my car within 4 months. One of the best dealerships and staff I've worked with. No regrets.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ebay here too!

I had been looking on ebay for at least 8 months every single day! They were still more than I wanted to pay. Plus I still needed to sell my racecar (room in garage, and part of down payment)
I would check the new listings everyday and put them in my watched items (ebay only allows 100 items in watch list). At first I wanted White w/ Red stripes but red stripes was not an option so I started looking at vista blue w/ gray stripes or Black with gray stripes.

Just as the prices started to drop on gt500's they came out with the RED APPEARANCE PKG and now they were going for $20,000 over sticker. I wanted the White w/red but there was no way I was going to pay 20k over.

I watched them too for about a month and I got home one morning and checked my email and I had an email from ebay stating that this auction was about to end. I looked at it and there were about 4 hours left on the auction. The bid was at $52,160 resevre not met! (next bid wins this auction. I thought WOW I can get it for 6k over sticker. The Red PKG was still going for 12k-15k over. My mind started turning, I was thinking of all options. I was not yet ready to buy because I didn't have all of my deposit ready. So I thought and thought and thought and finally I came up with a great Idea. I would roll the racecar out in the driveway and put a car cover on it until it sold. But I still needed to or would like to have the money from the racecar to put down on the GT500. I figured I would just get a loan and then when I sold the racecar I would just put that down on the loan.

With 90min left I brought the idea up to my wife! She said, "JJ you have been looking at them things for months now, I can't tell you when to buy one. If you think it is the right time do it."

So I got on the phone and called the dealship that had it listed and talked to the salesman for a couple mins. He closed the conversation with, "Good Luck Bidding"

I kept refreshing the screen until there were about 3min left. Then I placed my bid! I had my wife by me at the computer. Her Mom on her computer talking to us on the home telephone and my little brother on his computer and talking to me on the cel phone. We all kept refreshing the computer every thirty seconds until I won it for only 100 bucks more. SALE PRICE $52,260

As soon as the auction ended I called the dealer and put $1000 down over the phone. Then we talked a few times through out the week. The auction ended on a Tuesday morning and I went to MI to close the deal and pick up the car that following Monday.

Between Tuesday and Monday I scored up a deal with a friend and got the cash for the racecar too. So I had all of my money and I went and picked it up. I was going to drive it home but a friend insisted that I use his truck and enclosed trailer to go and get it. So I did.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Bought mine off of eBay. Lots of faxing and several overnight packages but it went without a hitch. Flew to the dealer and an 8 hour drive home.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts