• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Interesting thread...

As I look back through it, I don't see ANYONE that I recognize from the past 2 years or so...

I know things change and people move on to other interests (and Forums), but still interesting to note.

I'm not as active as I was for while, but I'm still here...

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
I see what you're saying & agree to a certain point.
I wonder if it was a planned event or if sales encouraged Ford to make a longer run of it? We'll probably never know the answer to that.
I'd hate to be one of those guys & feel like I got ripped.
I've been lucky to purchase both of my Shelby's at sticker price or below. As much as I like them, it'd be tough to pay a crazy ADM or any extra for that matter. I More than likely would have just let the hype die down & buy one then.

·
#1 Mike!
8,622 Posts
Shelygt500: Geez you must be bored with the winter blues to dredge up that post! LOL! Was funny to read. I got my 2007 in late 2006. Paid MSRP. It was a real rush back then, as this car was so cutting edge and exciting. I am glad that Ford continued to improve and perfect the car over the model years. Can you imagine the hoopla if the equivalent of the 2013/2014 car came out at that time? Lots of folks paid ADM's back then and just took the hit. Interesting times. It is peculiar that none of those folks are around today, other than hanger's on like me. Does anyone remember "Cobra Fred?"

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Shelygt500: Geez you must be bored with the winter blues to dredge up that post! LOL! Was funny to read. I got my 2007 in late 2006. Paid MSRP. It was a real rush back then, as this car was so cutting edge and exciting. I am glad that Ford continued to improve and perfect the car over the model years. Can you imagine the hoopla if the equivalent of the 2013/2014 car came out at that time? Lots of folks paid ADM's back then and just took the hit. Interesting times. It is peculiar that none of those folks are around today, other than hanger's on like me. Does anyone remember "Cobra Fred?"

I know Cobra Fred and the retired trooper buddy of his from Georgia (Ron as I recall). Great guys.

I know Fred had some health issues. Do you know if he is still among us?

·
#1 Mike!
8,622 Posts
I know Cobra Fred and the retired trooper buddy of his from Georgia (Ron as I recall). Great guys.

I know Fred had some health issues. Do you know if he is still among us?
I don't, Sean. I kept in touch with him, via PM's, for a long time after he began posting less often. He did have a heart related health problem and was thinking of retiring. I haven't seen or heard from him in several years.:frown::frown:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I for one am glad that Ford did more than a two year run. If they stopped at 2 I'm sure that I would not own a GT500.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Interesting thread...

As I look back through it, I don't see ANYONE that I recognize from the past 2 years or so...

I know things change and people move on to other interests (and Forums), but still interesting to note.

I'm not as active as I was for while, but I'm still here...

Out of all the old posts, I only recognize Rpretzel .... but his last post was sometime in 2013 .... I checked

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.