• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
dsabldvt said:
Try contacting 50 dealers like I did til I found an honest and fair one in a small town.
dsabldvt...Your stick-to-itv-ness has paid off...I have only heard of one other buyer signed on to pay below MSRP.

My deal had to go through the GM...I'm not necessarily convinced this would have been the case once the hype starts to slow, but I weighed the fact that the dealership is only supposed to get 2...maybe 3 cars and chose to jump on what was offered to me rather than possibly miss out or wait for an 08.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am paying MSRP! My local, small town dealer is actually a pretty big dealer. The business manager is a very good friend and I buy a lot of company vehicles there. So he agreed to MSRP for me. All others, 3 that I know of at the moment are going at I believe 15K over MSRP, I beleive. I have never been so happy to pay MSRP in my life!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Brand New 07 shelby Gt 500 that i am selling for 65K if anyone is itersested please call me at 316-462-3673 and just ask for Josh Trevitt

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
mhford06 said:
I have a Brand New 07 shelby Gt 500 that i am selling for 65K if anyone is itersested please call me at 316-462-3673 and just ask for Josh Trevitt
$65K? Ouch! That'll leave a mark.

·
Registered
90 Posts
mhford06 said:
Yeah, if there is $15,000 in the glove box A hole.

·
Registered
100 Posts
SoftShelby07 said:
I am paying MSRP! My local, small town dealer is actually a pretty big dealer. The business manager is a very good friend and I buy a lot of company vehicles there. So he agreed to MSRP for me. All others, 3 that I know of at the moment are going at I believe 15K over MSRP, I beleive. I have never been so happy to pay MSRP in my life!!!
We're in the same boat as you. My Father and I are getting ours for MSRP. Everyone else around here is paying between $5,000-$20,000 over.

We go in tomorrow to sign the paper work and drive our GT500 home. I went and saw it yesterday after it came off the trailor...beautiful car!

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's nice to see you have such knowledge and appreciation for your families Shelby. Enjoy it, I'm sure you will never forget that pick-up day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
LOOK N GO said:
It's nice to see you have such knowledge and appreciation for your families Shelby. Enjoy it, I'm sure you will never forget that pick-up day.
Thanks. It will no doubt become a family heirloom just like my 1971 Mach 1 will be. Those 2 cars will NEVER be sold as long as I'm alive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the first one delivered to Las Vegas, NV. I have always wanted a Shelby Mustang, this was my first opportunity to own a brand new one, so I jumped on it. Yes they charged me way to much, but, you only live once. I am enjoying my car and not wishing and waiting for one. Do I feel liked I was raped on the price for being one of the first to own one? Hell Yesssssss, but I made the decision to pay what they were wanting, no one else to blame but myself. But like I said, I now have the Shelby in my garage. When I drive it I love it even more. It all depends on how much you want something. That is what drives our economy. I hope you all can enjoy the thrill of driving this fun car and hope you don't get raped like I did, but I chose to sign the papers:)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Congratulations, weldor89032! If you are still happy with the car at whatever price, then it can't be all that bad a price! A lot of us here had to pay over MSRP, me included, but I am not unhappy with my deal and I love my car! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
The bidding is stopping around 55000 on Ebay. The dealers are holding out and relisting them. I'm going to get another one and WON'T pay anything above 10000 over msrp. I feel that's reasonable as that's where the bidding stops on Ebay. A few dealers are even selling the right to buy a gt500 and the bidding still stops at 10000 over msrp.:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I put a $2500.00 deposit on one last April 25th 2005. I was 16th at my dealer. I'm pray'in....this is the car of all cars.
I love what you said about praying. To be honest with you,that is exactly what I did to get my shelby. I'm praying for my second shelby that I intend to drive. I've heard all sorts of rumors concerning this car and it could end up as car of all cars as it is in the reach of normal working people. Keep praying because it worked for me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Guys, New member, first post. I kept shopping hoping prices would settle down and I suppose that they have to some degree. I finally bit the bullet in early Dec. Dealer says that he expects Feb or March delivery. On material hold at this point. I have enjoyed this site and visited for a while before joining.

Reply to Question : I have waited as long as I can. Spring is coming

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey Guys, New member, first post. I kept shopping hoping prices would settle down and I suppose that they have to some degree. I finally bit the bullet in early Dec. Dealer says that he expects Feb or March delivery. On material hold at this point. I have enjoyed this site and visited for a while before joining.

Reply to Question : I have waited as long as I can. Spring is coming

ILLEGAL,
Welcome to the forum and glad you joined.Patience,patience and patience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just ordered a 2007 Shelby GT 500 Red with white stripes, shaker 1000 and I'll be getting it the end of April. I live in Montreal Quebec Canada. I heard th 2007 will be worth more than the 2008.
Alexis

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
its been about 9 years since the last post on this thread was posted.

In retrospect I'm sad what ford did. They indicated that the GT500 would be a 2 year run which would justify the big adm's that dealers were charging. Little did we know that it would be a tad longer than a 2 year run.

I ordered my first GT500 in Aug of 06 and took delivery on Dec 8th 2006.
Working for a Ford store helped for I only paid $3000 over which I thought was more than fair since dealers all over the country were getting $10,000 and upwards to $20,000 over MSRP. I sold it in 2010 with 40000 great fun miles and had it wholesaled for $32000. BIG HIT .... yea .... could have sold it retail for a few thousand more but opted not to.

The whole point of this post is alot of early buyers on this car thought they would keep there value based on Fords input. I especially feel sorry for the buyers who scrimped and pinched enough pennies to get this car in 06/07 and who paid the big adm's fee and later had to sell the car for whatever reason ..... they lost a ton of monie

don

ps the car in the picture is my 2nd GT 500 ... bought in Virginia in April of 2014

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
:( Probably a good thing I couldn't afford one then.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.