I have heard of a few cats already putting a deposit on the 07's which are slated for production mid year of 06.... but I am curious to see if you guys are going to buy them fresh of the line or wait until the second run?
allocation will be by being a svt dealership and an extra allocation if dealer is within the top 150 in the nation i.e. your ford/svt dealership sold 3 svt units in 2004 they will be allocated 3 of the gt500 plus one more if they are in the 150 top selling dealerships for total of four. go see your local ford dealership for more info. recommend speaking to the fleet manager and not a salesman. salesmen are mushrooms, they are kept in the dark and fed a bunch of b.s.
I just got on a first call list and am told by the sales manager that I will definately get first call when they are takeing orders. They did'nt have a list till I called so he first confirmed that they'll even get the cars and then he called me back a couple hours later and said he had good news and gave me number 1 status. I'm also in 2 lotteries here in SE Texas for call-ins to order the car. I ended up on them first while calling around for info. Those lottos had 56 and 83 people in the hat, at that time, and they'll draw names next year. I know the price will be high and I'll go up to 90g to get the car. For those of you who'll wait for a used 07, I was told that the going rate will be as high for first run Shelbys. Good luck with that. I aint waitin. I'll get back with ya'll next year or when I get the call to order my Shelby. I'll also keep checking around and getting on more lists and lotteries, just in case. I want one and I'll get one an thats a fact.
90K, tell me you are joking! I will get one on A plan when it settles down a little. Ford needs to sell as many of these as they can! These are high profit units, Ford really needs to make some money on cars. Why would they care about the limited run for collectability? Ford only gets the price the dealer pays, not the dealer mark up, why would they want a situation for mark ups? See what I mean?
Well, I put my name on "the list" last night at a local dealer. They would not set a price but guessed it would be in the $50k or $60k range. I am pretty sure I won't pay more than sticker and will give up my place on the list.
They did say that they expect delivery in 3 months. They would not accept money now, only when they have a car on the lot.
And how do I find that dealer that will sell at sticker? When you've called 8 dealers like I have, and all of them say something similar ("We are accepting sealed bids to sell at fair market value"), then what's next?
....get in good with a salesPERSON, preferably one which handles multiple makes/models....down the road when you are his/her return customer, they'll hook u up....ask me if I pay sticker on anything I buy..
..and have some patience...everyone is so quick to pay a dealer extra, for WHAT; do a little searching for the right salesperson, they're out there. some will probably join this forum eventually and want your business...
I've put down 2500 and I have a sales contract for MSRP. I don't know anything more but the dealer owner is a friend, he is selling and has sold every SVT at MSRP.
All customers are treated the same. He knows the cars are limited but will not play with the numbers, he says it's not worth upsetting his client base.
The way I look at it is if your dealer tries to gouge the price, they are not worth doing business with anyway.
we are in close association with our ford dealer here in wisconsin and he is getting 2 because he had won the presidents award and he is having a mechanic trained to work on em and he said that dealers are throwing 10 grand on top right away this will equal 50,000 dollars for a shelby. we are also #2 on the list to get one so we are crossin are fingers!
You are right about the gouging! I had a good friend (sales manager) at a dealership who said he was going to give me a good deal at $19500 over. I started shopping around and found one for $12500 over and switched deposits. I then started thinking maybe it wasn't worth it and started looking again until I finally found an honest dealer and have a signed deal in writing for $200 under MSRP. He called 2 days ago to confirm my price, $43565.00 plus TT&L. My friend has lost a customer.
If you have upgraded or are planning to a new shifter in your GT500, which shifter?
If your shifer is not listed, please answer Yes and Other, and then post the brand of your shifter.
If you plan on keeping it completely stock, please answer no and stock.