Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many miles do you have on your GT-500 and what mods?

I just hit 4500 miles with cold air/pulley/tune/axleback/3.73's

·
Registered
888 Posts
Closing in on 8900 miles. CAI & tune, aluminum driveshaft (front loop), Porterfield pads, LCAs, adjustable panhard w/brace, axle backs and assorted bling.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Put her to sleep with a little over 20,000 miles.
Started driving her March 24th, "officially" put her to bed November 24th. 20K ain't bad for 8 months of driving :D

Her garage is about 300 feet from my place, a long walk, but well worth it every day.

I've got the CAI/Tune, aluminum drive shaft with Safety Loop, porterfield pads, the evolution ultimate suspension kit (LCAs, UCA, panhard, toque box braces), borla axle-backs, proglass hood (still unpainted... anyone know a paint shop in the detroit/auburn hills area?), front lights blacked out (fog,turns, and headlights), sequential tailights, 'mini' antena, and a few other things that have slipped my mind.

It has been, by far, the best money i've ever spent in my short life so far. Next year looks to be just as fun and exciting, with the 3.4 Whipple going in, some new rubber, and who knows what else.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Put her to sleep with a little over 20,000 miles.
Started driving her March 24th, "officially" put her to bed November 24th. 20K ain't bad for 8 months of driving :D

Her garage is about 300 feet from my place, a long walk, but well worth it every day.

I've got the CAI/Tune, aluminum drive shaft with Safety Loop, porterfield pads, the evolution ultimate suspension kit (LCAs, UCA, panhard, toque box braces), borla axle-backs, proglass hood (still unpainted... anyone know a paint shop in the detroit/auburn hills area?), front lights blacked out (fog,turns, and headlights), sequential tailights, 'mini' antena, and a few other things that have slipped my mind.

It has been, by far, the best money i've ever spent in my short life so far. Next year looks to be just as fun and exciting, with the 3.4 Whipple going in, some new rubber, and who knows what else.

Jameson,
There is a great body shop down by me.This guy does the best work.He always has muscle cars at his shop.Sometimes I go over there just to look at the cars.He happens to have 6 Shelbys,2 Boss 429's and a Mach I SCJ.A buddy of mine just had his Shelby painted by him and it looks great.If you are interested PM me and I'll give you his info.You could drop it off on the way to Ohio.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have close to 10,000, I average about 60 miles a day. I picked it up June 28th of 07. It's not my Daily Driver though!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Think its right at 800 miles and i got it Aug 30th. So far only Corsa Axle backs but soon a CAI and tune is going to go on. Who knows maybe by summer ill have pulley on it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Picked her up in August but drive a commuter car to work to save on miles/wear/gas, so I only have 563 miles so far :( However, I can't seem to keep from driving her for more than a week or so.:p I do plan on driving a lot more, but she's close to being put to bed for the winter. :(

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
4500 miles - daily driver.

How do you wash the underbody when you can't take it to a machine wash??

Hit a rabbit a couple weeks ago and got some rabbit guts that may be festering down below....

Wondering if they put too much / wrong oil in at last oil change.... seems a bit... Boggey after the change.

No mods... yet - planning new stereo in the Spring. Want to consider my options for a while. Will Probably do CAI + Tune first then add new rubber while I contemplate the options - KB stage 3 is looking good.

TD

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1200 miles since July 10, 2007. I have a POS 97 Honda Accord as my daily driver. I take her out at least once a week. Changed the oil just prior to 1000 miles.

Mine is bone stock except I painted the rear axle. Next up are painted mirrors.

·
Registered
240 Posts
10,800 miles since March 07. Not my daily driver but driven pretty much daily in the summer. Half my miles were from going to events or vacation trips.

Performance Mods
  • Tires - Nitto Drag Radials (Better traction)
  • Drive Shaft - Powerhouse 4 inch aluminum DS (Handle up to 1000 HP)
  • Rear Suspension – (eliminate wheel hop and help with launching)
  • BMR Upper Control Arm
  • BMR Lower Control Arms
  • BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
  • BMR Swaybar Relocation Brackets
  • QA1 adjustable rear shocks
  • Power - Kenny Bell 2.8 Supercharger with 3 inch pulley (Added ~300 RWHP)
  • Line Lock - Granatelli Tire Fryer Line Lock (heat tires up at the track without burning up clutch)
  • Shifter - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter (better shifting performance - less missed shifts)
  • Exhaust - FRPP GT5 Axle Back Race Mufflers (Makes the car sound like it should with 700+ RWHP)
  • Rear Differential
  • 3.73 FRPP Gears (15% more torque above stock 3:31 gears)
  • Eaton Positive Traction Unit (eliminate loss of power through differential slippage)
  • Gauges
  • Speed of Sound A Pillar Dual Gauge Pod
  • Autometer Boost Gauge
  • Autometer Air Fuel Gauge
  • Raptor Shift Light (Don’t forget to shift at the track!)

Appearance Mods
  • Shelby Signature on Dash (Uniqueness of having a car signed by Carroll Shelby)
  • Tungsten Stripes (Convertibles do not come with stripes from the factory)
  • Window Tint (Blackens out the car and makes it look mean)
  • Shelby Floor and Trunk Mats (Adds a nice finishing touch to the cars interior)
  • Steeda Hood Struts (No more prop rod – need a say more?)
  • Custom Shelby windshield banner!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I picked mine up October 26th of 2006, and she has 1400 miles, she is already hibernating getting some beauty sleep. I only have tinted windows and the Shelby signature plaque but I am waiting patiently for the Super snake conversion.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
10,800 miles since March 07. Not my daily driver but driven pretty much daily in the summer. Half my miles were from going to events or vacation trips.

Performance Mods
  • Tires - Nitto Drag Radials (Better traction)
  • Drive Shaft - Powerhouse 4 inch aluminum DS (Handle up to 1000 HP)
  • Rear Suspension – (eliminate wheel hop and help with launching)
  • BMR Upper Control Arm
  • BMR Lower Control Arms
  • BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
  • BMR Swaybar Relocation Brackets
  • QA1 adjustable rear shocks
  • Power - Kenny Bell 2.8 Supercharger with 3 inch pulley (Added ~300 RWHP)
  • Line Lock - Granatelli Tire Fryer Line Lock (heat tires up at the track without burning up clutch)
  • Shifter - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter (better shifting performance - less missed shifts)
  • Exhaust - FRPP GT5 Axle Back Race Mufflers (Makes the car sound like it should with 700+ RWHP)
  • Rear Differential
  • 3.73 FRPP Gears (15% more torque above stock 3:31 gears)
  • Eaton Positive Traction Unit (eliminate loss of power through differential slippage)
  • Gauges
  • Speed of Sound A Pillar Dual Gauge Pod
  • Autometer Boost Gauge
  • Autometer Air Fuel Gauge
  • Raptor Shift Light (Don’t forget to shift at the track!)

Appearance Mods
  • Shelby Signature on Dash (Uniqueness of having a car signed by Carroll Shelby)
  • Tungsten Stripes (Convertibles do not come with stripes from the factory)
  • Window Tint (Blackens out the car and makes it look mean)
  • Shelby Floor and Trunk Mats (Adds a nice finishing touch to the cars interior)
  • Steeda Hood Struts (No more prop rod – need a say more?)
  • Custom Shelby windshield banner!
PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!!!!

TD

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Picked mine up August 21, 2006

3.73 gears
FRPP Axle Backs
JLT Intake
2.6 Pulley
1 Piece Drive Shaft
Tuned VMP
Normal Interior Mods

3,124 miles on it. Having 3 sport bikes I find myself on them more than anything. Car is paid off July of next year so once no payment more mods
will follow... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there anyone that has 50,000 miles or more on their car?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Is there anyone that has 50,000 miles or more on their car?
I don't even have that on my 2001 Dodge Ram and it's my daily driver.
(41K miles) Of course, my daily round trip commute is 10 miles. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Picked mine up Nov. 1, 2006.

Now have about 3,600 miles on it.

Major mods listed in my sig. Next major mod may be a Whipple.:D

My daily driver is a 2001 GMC Sierra that I bought new. It now has 176,500miles.:eek:

Cal

·
Registered
127 Posts
Picked up 20 Jan 07

Just went in for 12,000 mile service.....12,000 FANTASTIC miles I might add

·
Registered
861 Posts
Picked mine up June 18, 2007 I just turned 2600miles. My daily driver is a 2001 Focus w/ 110k miles bought new in 01

*35% window tint
*1 piece drive shaft
*pulley,jlt cai, tune
*3" bassani exhaust, no cats, race mufflers, stock manifolds
*shorty antenna

I am looking into suspension over the winter, not sure which route I will take. I also want a set of tires before I go back to the track. After the wedding and christmas I might start to have some money for the car now.

JJ

1 - 20 of 24 Posts