Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont have one ordered.. But how hard will they be to get really?
I remember the new Mach 1's were hard for about 8 mo or so.

I was also wondering this..(If you could answer each question I would REALLY appreciate it, thx in advance!) I just got an 06 Mustang Gt about a month ago.

1. I was wondering how hard it will be to get one in the first year..or second if you can only get them in first preordered.

2. How long will it take for dealerships to start getting them AFTER all the pre orders are gone? (for the general public)

3. How long will it take for people to be able to get them at the MSRP or normal range over?

4. I thought the shelby was supposed to be available in summer of 06.. whats the date now?

5. If I decided to trade it in for a shelby... how bad would it set me financially.
I know cars lose value and you lose it right when you drive it off the lot.. but HOW bad is it to trade a car in after a year? Is this what it means to be "upside down"?

6. I was gonna start putting double on my monthly payments to pay this car off fast (Im on a five yr loan but can pay ALOT more a mo). I wonder how much it would help me with trading it in for a shelby in a year or so? Lets say I cut down the length of the loan to half or a quater due to my increased payments...ex: 5yrs into 2.

Again...Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
stangbanger7 said:

I was also wondering this..(If you could answer each question I would REALLY appreciate it, thx in advance!) I just got an 06 Mustang Gt about a month ago.

1. I was wondering how hard it will be to get one in the first year..or second if you can only get them in first preordered.

2. How long will it take for dealerships to start getting them AFTER all the pre orders are gone? (for the general public)

3. How long will it take for people to be able to get them at the MSRP or normal range over?

4. I thought the shelby was supposed to be available in summer of 06.. whats the date now?

5. If I decided to trade it in for a shelby... how bad would it set me financially.
I know cars lose value and you lose it right when you drive it off the lot.. but HOW bad is it to trade a car in after a year? Is this what it means to be "upside down"?

6. I was gonna start putting double on my monthly payments to pay this car off fast (Im on a five yr loan but can pay ALOT more a mo). I wonder how much it would help me with trading it in for a shelby in a year or so? Lets say I cut down the length of the loan to half or a quater due to my increased payments...ex: 5yrs into 2.

I can answer ?5 for ya...All in on my wifes 06 GT 'vert was 36K and change, the current KBB is right at 30K....Upside down simply means that you owe more on your ride than the trade in value.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1. You may find it hard finding one the first year @ or close to MSRP...It depends on how hard you are willing to search via the net and phone. Get yourself a master dealer list and get after it. If you have an unlimited budget, you could indulge yourself in an eBay auction.

2. 07 SHELBY could probably give you a more accurate answer than I on this one...Is there a FORD insider out there who has a number on how many firm orders there are, in relation to the 9K that will be built? Are all of the 07's spoken for?

3. See my answer to #1

4. I believe dealerships will still start to receive cars in the summer of 06...But you may not get a car until 07 or 08 for that matter depending on where your dealerships order is positioned.

5-6. See phichi's answer to #5...Personally I woudn't trade it:mad: . The dealer isn't going to give you 'jack' for it, especially if they know your doing everything you can to drive-off in a new Shelby. If your GT is only a month old, I would continue to pay the bare minimum on it and save your extra $ for the Shelby...and try to sell the GT in the private party mkt.

Just my .02 worth, ShelbyWise

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
stangbanger7 said:

!-You are asking something that is pure speculation.You want an opinion I will give you one.I do not think at this point you are going to buy one at a reasonable price.Maybe the 2nd year.They are also going to make them in "09"
2-You are asking something that is pure speculation.You want an opinion I will give you one.Nobody knows unless you know how many are already sold.
3-You are asking something that is pure speculation.You want an opinion I will give you one.Once they reach the saturation point.
4-Summer of "06".
5-You are asking something that is pure speculation.You want an opinion I will give you one.Depends on how much you owe,what is the demand in your area,how much is the dealer going to give you for your car ,how many miles do you have on your car and how well do you take care of your car?
6-You are asking something that is pure speculation.You want an opinion I will give you one.You are probably better off trying to sell it on your own.

Now that you got your answers will you answer mine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts