Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I found this car on line...color combo I like and some decent mods to boot. Never titled but it has @ 800 miles on it so it is considered used. Seems a little steep to me...car looks great thou...nice drop, wheels are ok, power mods seem to be good.

http://www.arenamotorgroup.com/details.html?VID=1-228l1197660908
yeah, nice upgrades - love the wheels and the new stance.

I don't quite understand how they can claim 620hp with just the K&N CAI. Looks like the std S/C and no smaller pulley... :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

I don't quite understand how they can claim 620hp with just the K&N CAI. Looks like the std S/C and no smaller pulley... :confused:
I thought I heard it had a 2.7 pulley. I may be wrong. It was hard to understand some of it.

EDIT: In one of the pics it shows the stock pulley like some show the stock wheels.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steeda 2.7, 95mm MAF, Magnaflow C/B and a tune. Looks like a new cai in the one pic too.

They are taking it to a new shop for an updated tune. I asked if the mods are covered under warranty and the guy said yes since they were done at the dealership prior to being titled...do you guys agree?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Steeda 2.7, 95mm MAF, Magnaflow C/B and a tune. Looks like a new cai in the one pic too.

They are taking it to a new shop for an updated tune. I asked if the mods are covered under warranty and the guy said yes since they were done at the dealership prior to being titled...do you guys agree?
If you buy it, I would have them sign a note to that effect.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

As for the HP figure, I'm sure they are advertising Flywheel HP and not RWHP. I can see a pulley, CAI and tune giving you an additional 120 HP. They probably just added that to the stock 500 hp.

As for the warranty, get that in writing. Plus, if you have any problems, you'll have to take it back to that dealership. Another dealership probably will not do warranty work on it. So, if you move far away, your warranty is toast.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Valid points, thanks!

After market parts are not under warranty. Not a big deal as I would mod it anyways....

Is the price fair? If not, what do you think would be a fair price....the big $ item was the wheels ($3,000)...other than that I don't see anywhere near $7,000 in mods (not taking into account labor).

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Valid points, thanks!

After market parts are not under warranty. Not a big deal as I would mod it anyways....

Is the price fair? If not, what do you think would be a fair price....the big $ item was the wheels ($3,000)...other than that I don't see anywhere near $7,000 in mods (not taking into account labor).
I don't think the price is too far over the top. I'm sure they will be willing to negotiate some with the car having 800 miles.

At the end of the day, it's what it's worth to you.

Very sharp looking car.:cool:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Valid points, thanks!

About $3K for the wheels, and probably another $2K for the other mods? So, we're looking at a Shelby for $5K over MSRP. Doesn't seem too out of line to me.

The ad says it has 400 miles, not 800 miles. Any idea why it has so many miles without being titled? Maybe the owner of the dealership just drove it around for a while. :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About $3K for the wheels, and probably another $2K for the other mods? So, we're looking at a Shelby for $5K over MSRP. Doesn't seem too out of line to me.

The ad says it has 400 miles, not 800 miles. Any idea why it has so many miles without being titled? Maybe the owner of the dealership just drove it around for a while. :confused:
Yep...exactly. The two owners drove it a bit...kind of makes me leery. It now has @ 800 on it according to one of the owners. The dealership seems to be based on selling second hand semi-luxury autos. He mentioned they took a liking to the gt500 and have bought a few brand new and did similar mods and sold them.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Wheels, tires, suspension, pulley, cai, tune. Not too out of line.

800 miles is nothing unless you see the remnants of the original tires dripping from the wheel wells.:D

Cal

·
Registered
861 Posts
sounds like a good price! I have $2250 in my exhaust, pulley, tune, cai. I installed them myself too. Not sure how much for the wheels/tires!
JJ

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shiat...you guys are suppose to talk me out of it LOL, where's my wife when I need her! Is there any concern running 20" wheels with that type of power?? The tires are bfg's. Might be time to start looking for a buyer for my 03 snake....$15,000 in mods...I doubt I will get 1/3 of the return on them..oh well, you gotta pay to play!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yep...exactly. The two owners drove it a bit...kind of makes me leery. It now has @ 800 on it according to one of the owners. The dealership seems to be based on selling second hand semi-luxury autos. He mentioned they took a liking to the gt500 and have bought a few brand new and did similar mods and sold them.
As long as they didn't beat the crap out of it in those 800 miles, I don't think it's such a bad deal.

BTW, will they give you the stock parts with the sale? If you buy it, I'd fight for that. That way you can change it back to stock if you need to for any reason.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As long as they didn't beat the crap out of it in those 800 miles, I don't think it's such a bad deal.

BTW, will they give you the stock parts with the sale? If you buy it, I'd fight for that. That way you can change it back to stock if you need to for any reason.
Yep...stock parts are included.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Great! Now go out there and write 'em a check! :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great! Now go out there and write 'em a check! :D
I do things backwards...I need to find a buyer for my snake first. Oh well, I am heading out of town for the weekend so I have some time to ponder on it.;)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
544 Posts

620 at the ENG....530 at the rear....thats my input...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found an 07 (blue with white stripes) with 416 miles on it....every option in 07, dash signed by Shelby himself and what he calls 3 1/2" Ford racing pipes (figuring catback) for $45,500. It sounds like a fair price.....??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts