Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Could be the material shrinking/drying out with age. Maybe try a credit card push it back in slowly and see it that works.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,686 Posts
Spray glue has been the standard fix for this recurring problem. My son’s 2010 Mustang GT has this same issue (we haven’t fixed it yet).

Here is a different take on solving it:

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
You basically have to peel the whole thing down, rub the foam away (it's disintegrating) and then spray glue the leather back on. I did this a few years back, but it has started again. It's fine, but you lose the cushion the foam provided. I will likely take it to an upholstery shop and see if they have any other ideas, but it hasn't made the top of the priority list. I've used superglue a couple times as temporary relief.

May get a junkyard set of door panels to experiment with.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,686 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had this issue previously on my 06 GT vert and 09 GT/CS vert.
glue thing worked but never looked as good as original.

so far I do not see it starting on my 08 GT500, but I think eventually it's just a matter of time.

I bought these and keep them in my closet until the time comes
Coverlay - Replacement Door Panel Insert Black 12-59-BLK For Ford Mustang | eBay

Thanks for posting this link. I had the door interior sag on my other mustang and repaired it with the spray glue fix. It worked great at the time, but noticed a few weeks prior to selling that at least one side was starting to do it again and needed to be redone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I had my 2007 GT I had an upholstery shop fix it he said he did it all the time. Question: is this a problem with a 2013 GT500? The door inserts don’t even look the same.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,686 Posts
When I had my 2007 GT I had an upholstery shop fix it he said he did it all the time. Question: is this a problem with a 2013 GT500? The door inserts don’t even look the same.
I have not seen this problem being discussed by anyone with a 2010 or newer car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts