Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered QuickLIFT ELITE struts for the hood by Redline Tuning. Wanted them before the big show this weekend. Here are some photos of the Struts. Was a very easy installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very nice, SN8KBYT.

Did you have to drill any holes, or do they bolt to existing holes/brackets?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Very nice, SN8KBYT.

Did you have to drill any holes, or do they bolt to existing holes/brackets?

Good ? Prez..... Been looking at buying a set.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Good ? Prez..... Been looking at buying a set.
Me too. I don't like how the stock prop has been scratching up my hood and plastic.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Me too. I don't like how the stock prop has been scratching up my hood and plastic.
Put a piece of felt on my hood where the stock prop touches the hood. Have not looked at the plastic components. Personally I like the stock hood prop. After all if felt stops squeaks it can also stop scratches.;)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Heard they are simple to install. That would be right up my alley ;) ;) .

There are a few brands out there. Our Baby's deserve the best available. Are you still :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Boy talk about a dumb ???

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Put a piece of felt on my hood where the stock prop touches the hood. Have not looked at the plastic components. Personally I like the stock hood prop. After all if felt stops squeaks it can also stop scratches.;)

I did the same.When I 1st got the car I put a small piece of felt on the hood so it wouldn't get scratched,works great.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I did the same.When I 1st got the car I put a small piece of felt on the hood so it wouldn't get scratched,works great.
Unfortunately, mine was already slightly scratched when I picked it up. I like the felt idea. Woo Hoo! I get to go buy something new for the Shelby this evening! :D

Maybe I can shove a little felt into the tranny to stop the 2nd gear grind. :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Felt sounds good to me. For now...........

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Unfortunately, mine was already slightly scratched when I picked it up. I like the felt idea. Woo Hoo! I get to go buy something new for the Shelby this evening! :D

What felt??? or struts???

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Felt...for now.

Don't get me wrong,I like the struts too.I made up brackets and have been tinkering with using the existing bolts on the car but got involved in bigger projects on my car.I figured I would do that next winter when I am not driving her.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Maybe I can shove a little felt into the tranny to stop the 2nd gear grind. :rolleyes: :D
Think it is a little too late for me Prez, but sounds like a good idea (felt that is).:D :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry I havent responded but I was at a show this weekend and placed second out of 25 2007 Shelbys. A bone stock Grabber Orange Convertible won first place.:mad: Course it was a popular vote ballot. As far as the hood Struts yes I had to drill two holes for the top and one for the bottom. Everyone at the show loved the Struts and wondered where I got them from. Buy the way I have already experienced with the stock prop rod when it was windy, the wind blew the hood up and the prop rod came out of the hole, fortunately I was there to catch both of them.:eek: . If I was at a show I don't want to have to worry about if my hood is still going to be there or not. If you would like I can take closer pictures of the mounting area.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sorry I havent responded but I was at a show this weekend and placed second out of 25 2007 Shelbys. A bone stock Grabber Orange Convertible won first place.:mad: Course it was a popular vote ballot. As far as the hood Struts yes I had to drill to holes for the top and one for the bottom. Everyone at the show loved the Struts and wondered where I got them from. Buy the way I have already experienced with the stock prop rod when it was windy the wind blew the hood up and the prop rod cam out of the hole, fortunately I was there to catch both of them.:eek: . If I an at a show I don't want to have to worry about if my hood is still going to be there or not. If you would like I can take closer pictures of the mounting area.

Congrats on 2nd.I would like to see more pictures of the struts and the Shelby:D :D :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here some pictures of the struts and some cars at the show.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the car that won. It was bone stock other than engine caps like I have and I think the reason it won was because of the color.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts