Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my GT500 for about 500 miles. One thing I noticed on the highway is the hood seems to move a bit. Look almost like it is not closed completely. I have checked and it is secure. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine does the same, it makes you feel like your seeing things. I installed Shelby hood pins, I think they look nice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hood movement is normal with high speeds and winds. the wmsracing option is one that hides the locking system under the hood. I just installed it last night. still working out some issues. nice kit, but takes alot of time, patience, and verification of alignment to ensure proper operation. I'll be posting my install shortly...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
could be the under hood bumpers. Not sure if that it the real name, but that's what I call them. They are adjustable. I had to play with mine to get the hood movement under control at normal speeds.

Over 120 mph is a different story, which can be addressed with the product posted above.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hood movement is normal with high speeds and winds. the wmsracing option is one that hides the locking system under the hood. I just installed it last night. still working out some issues. nice kit, but takes alot of time, patience, and verification of alignment to ensure proper operation. I'll be posting my install shortly...
Looking forward to your info, I've had my eye on this kit for awhile..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Umm. I had mine Pop open under speed once, just to the latch hook, not to the windshield - though that did happen in my very first car at the age of 16 - a 1978 Caprice Classic I bought for $320. Holy code brown!

What's the link for the pin kit?

TD

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Umm. I had mine Pop open under speed once, just to the latch hook, not to the windshield - though that did happen in my very first car at the age of 16 - a 1978 Caprice Classic I bought for $320. Holy code brown!

What's the link for the pin kit?

TD
what speed where you at? the site is www.wmsracing.com out of Canada.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
I'm picturing a Tommyboy moment TD...lol. Did you hit anything or make it through luckily?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I was doing about 80 when the hood popped up. Had just been in the shop, and I don't think was fully locked. Strange in a very scary way.

In the first car I had at age 16, the hood slammed against the windshield, though the windshield didn't break, the hood was pretty bad looking afterwards. No clue how fast I was going, as the speedo was broken since the day I bought it. You could see beneath the hood to pull off the road but it was pretty damn scary. Kinda funny in retrospect but only because nobody was hurt.

TD

·
Registered
933 Posts
Western Motorsport Racing are a great organization and their product is fantastic. The shop is located less than 10 miles from my house in Calgary.

Shannon is the owner and is a Mustang guy through and through. All the performance mods on my car were ordered through WMS and installed by their technician.

If you order his product, you won't be disappointed.

Arbour88

1 - 11 of 11 Posts