Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got around to installing the S-H-E-L-B-Y lettering yesterday.

After looking at it awhile, I don't know if I would have followed the hood contour as close as I did. The E and the L look to be at too much of an angle. I'll leave it alone for now. Maybe I'll get used to it.

What do you guys think?

The spacing between letters is 3".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I see what you mean. Looks good but would flow much better by not following the contour.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

After looking at it awhile, I don't know if I would have followed the hood contour as close as I did. The E and the L look to be at too much of an angle. I'll leave it alone for now. Maybe I'll get used to it.

What do you guys think?

Nice!!!!!!!! That's different.... I like it................:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Maybe a little touch up but only now because you pointed it out. Most would never notice anything they would just say "COOL"

I notice your car has the side scoops in front of the rear wheel wells, not sure what the correct name is but back in the day it was to offer cool air to the rear brakes, I know they are just for looks but wanted to know a couple of things. I know they attach with 3m tape and I am sure very secure but how do they fit up to the body, meaning does it look like they were just added on or does it look like they were put there from the factory. And 2nd where did you get them. If you have any pictures of them up close and some side shots I would love to see them.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a little touch up but only now because you pointed it out. Most would never notice anything they would just say "COOL"

I notice your car has the side scoops in front of the rear wheel wells, not sure what the correct name is but back in the day it was to offer cool air to the rear brakes, I know they are just for looks but wanted to know a couple of things. I know they attach with 3m tape and I am sure very secure but how do they fit up to the body, meaning does it look like they were just added on or does it look like they were put there from the factory. And 2nd where did you get them. If you have any pictures of them up close and some side shots I would love to see them.

Thanks,
Bill
Thanks Bill. I'll probably redo the letters this winter. The E and the L look crooked because they are so close to the straight line stripes.

I believe I bought the side scoops from 3D carbon. They fit pretty well. I liked them because of the low profile. I bought them painted and the paint matches perfectly.

Cal

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks Bill. I'll probably redo the letters this winter. The E and the L look crooked because they are so close to the straight line stripes.

I believe I bought the side scoops from 3D carbon. They fit pretty well. I liked them because of the low profile. I bought them painted and the paint matches perfectly.

Cal
Cal,
Are those scoops not May fly traps. I notice them on most Northern vehicles. But if I remember correctly they do not WORK.

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Harley99fb, what hood do you have if you dont mind my asking?

Also they look awesome but if you are unhappy with the way they are trust me CHANGE THEM NOW. I've been down that path many times and it will only drive you nuts constantly lol. It's best to get it exactly right the first time (ungodly lucky if you do) or change it instantly so you dont start thinking about it.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

What do you guys think?

Hey Cal... Long time no talk..

Where did you get your Hood Letters??? Or are they the same as the rear being sold on the Shelby Site???

Hope you're still on here. This is a really old post of your's!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey Cal... Long time no talk..

Where did you get your Hood Letters??? Or are they the same as the rear being sold on the Shelby Site???

Hope you're still on here. This is a really old post of your's!!! :cheers:
not sure where Cal got his, probably same place as me...blueovalindustries.com $35

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow. You guys dug deep for this one.:lol:

Like Kerry and Keith said, it's an original Proglass hood. One of probably 6 or 7 total and one of probably 3 with the twist locks. I left the letters alone. They grew on me after awhile. I bought the letters from blueovalindustries.

Nice to here from you Bogey. Hope you and your's are having a happy holiday season. I check here most every day but don't post as often. Still a lot of good folks here with alot of good info. I do miss some of the old veterans though.:(

Cal

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is how I installed my letters. I basically followed the contour of the scoops.
Welcome to the site Shelby3.

The lettering and the hood looks great.:bigthumb:

Cal

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah, what he said:flamed:
:simmadown: Easy fellas. I don't miss you guys because your still around. If you guys didn't post, I'd miss you too.:cheers:

Cal:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
:simmadown: Easy fellas. I don't miss you guys because your still around. If you guys didn't post, I'd miss you too.:cheers:

Cal:)
We are just funnin with ya Cal, I guess it was just your turn to be ribbed:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts