Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Steeda Plain Hood Struts and was requesting some help from my fellow TS members when I got kicked off the site. So I'll see if I can get some help here.

My DVD shop manual does not list the torqe specs for the hood hinge bolts. Would anyone here be so kind to look it up in your manual? I don't want to over-tighten the bolts into an aluminum hood.

Hood Hinge information should be listed in Section 501-02 Front End Body Panels but my manual does not have any information on the hood or hood hinges.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Checked my manual and body closures are covered under 501-03-1. There are torque specs for doors and luggage compartment, but not for the hood hinges. I know 07 has a torque sheet on every nut and bolt. Maybe he can help. The luggage compartment lid hinge bolts are 17lb-ft and the door hinge bolts are 22lb-ft. Using this as a guide I would think 17 to 19lb-ft should do.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I just ordered the Steeda Plain Hood Struts and was requesting some help from my fellow TS members when I got kicked off the site. So I'll see if I can get some help here.

My DVD shop manual does not list the torqe specs for the hood hinge bolts. Would anyone here be so kind to look it up in your manual? I don't want to over-tighten the bolts into an aluminum hood.

Hood Hinge information should be listed in Section 501-02 Front End Body Panels but my manual does not have any information on the hood or hood hinges.

Thanks!

22.5 Nm is what it is on the production line:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Fred, whats the torque spec for the anterior mounting flange on the Fetzer valve?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Fred, whats the torque spec for the anterior mounting flange on the Fetzer valve?

216 htg/sty.Unless it is SS then it is 612 htg/sty;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Could you please convert that into Furlong/Stone? :D

If I get technical like that we will lose to many people:) Ok,besides that is a British unit of measurement and everybody knows you can't use that unit of measurement:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Checked my manual and body closures are covered under 501-03-1. There are torque specs for doors and luggage compartment, but not for the hood hinges. I know 07 has a torque sheet on every nut and bolt. Maybe he can help. The luggage compartment lid hinge bolts are 17lb-ft and the door hinge bolts are 22lb-ft. Using this as a guide I would think 17 to 19lb-ft should do.
Pretty close - 22.5 Nm translates to about 16.6 lb-ft. I thought about doing that same interpolation with the trunk hinges spec and the door hinge spec but prefer to work with specified torque numbers .... being the engineer that I am and from my background working on bicycles. It's odd to me that the shop manual does not list this torque spec.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Could you please convert that into Furlong/Stone? :D
It's funny you mention this, I have a little tool that can convert any "real" unit into another.

It's a 568kb .exe file, so I can't link it here. Pretty funny. 1 megawatt is 1,341 HP. :D

It has tabs for different families of units, like Force, temperature, volume, speed, area, etc. Then you just pick the two units and enter a value and it converts in real time. I love it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It's funny you mention this, I have a little tool that can convert any "real" unit into another.

It's a 568kb .exe file, so I can't link it here. Pretty funny. 1 megawatt is 1,341 HP. :D

It has tabs for different families of units, like Force, temperature, volume, speed, area, etc. Then you just pick the two units and enter a value and it converts in real time. I love it.

Dave
Geek.

I have a calculator that does a lot of conversions, too.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Dave

Dave,
They have a new one out called Convert Pro 3.0b.I have them both.Did I say that.I am as bad as you Dave?:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Dave
But, will it convert newton-meters to Stone-Furlongs :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I guess the irony was a little too subtle.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts