Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like Camaros! I pretty much like what I have seen of the concept car except for the nose which is a little too pointed in my opinion. Too much like the Mako Corvettes of '68-'70 whatever. It'll be a good car, but I have what I wanted!

·
Registered
643 Posts
The new Camaro is not bad. I especially like the design of the rear quarter panels. :cool: Oldimp's right - I think the front end is a bit too pointed. :( I'll be interested to see how the program turns out. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Overall body style=good
Front grill= butt ugly and way overdone on the bowtie
Interior= horrendous. I get the 4-pod console approach for the retro thing, but the chrome on these just makes me want to hork.

Basically, good...and so is the competition.

bj

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like to see what type of hood their going to use on the Z/28 and price with ADM (now its their turn) overall not bad , but waiting to see the actual one and seeing what kind of changes , performance, weight.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I too like the styling except for the front end. Too pointed and looks like it is a sort of "smiley face".:)

It will be interesting to see what engine and suspension they put in one to compete with our beasts.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I like the Camaro except for the front end. If I was going to get another toy, I think it would be the new Challeger.

·
Registered
933 Posts
And not to mention 'SOFA KING' ugly. :D

By the way, no disrespect meant by that comment. :cool:

After all, I think you have the best name on any board, it's just very hard not to use (abuse) it were the context fits. Like in the Camaro's case! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chevy does play catch up but in my opinion they do it on purpose kind of testing the waters they saw that the "new old" idea worked for the stang so they do it them selves but yet again this is my opinion they learn what works and what doesn't then take that and make their "catch up" product better than the competition! jmho 0.02 inserted!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Maybe everyone will stop comparing the GT500 to the corvette and start comparing it to it's true rival,the camaro. 2005 + Mustang is best looking car in my opinion. Building up my 2007 v6 to smoke a camaro. LOL! GGBIW

·
Registered
51 Posts
chevy does play catch up but in my opinion they do it on purpose kind of testing the waters they saw that the "new old" idea worked for the stang so they do it them selves but yet again this is my opinion they learn what works and what doesn't then take that and make their "catch up" product better than the competition! jmho 0.02 inserted!
I was a salesman at a GM dealership when Dodge came out with ClubCab pickups and Ford came out with Supercabs. For 14 years we watched our customers trading on Fords & Dodges while GM played catch-up.

Same thing with mini-vans. They were a POS, but Chrysler sold hundreds of thousands of the things. GM told us that it was a passing fad and we should sell our station wagons against them. About 14 years they came out with the Lumina APV (dust buster) vans.

Sofa King little
Sofa King late

PS I am now a Ford sales manager

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it is a cool looking car after owning a 1968 RS. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts