Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made it home from Iraq and was looking foward to taking the Shelby out...3 to 5 inches of snow here in west Tennessee. :( Go figure. Sometimes you just can't win. Oh well, I'll have to make lemonaide. Maybe shop on some on-line catalogs, buy some go fast parts and dream of sunny days to come.:cool:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Made it home from Iraq and was looking foward to taking the Shelby out...3 to 5 inches of snow here in west Tennessee. :( Go figure. Sometimes you just can't win. Oh well, I'll have to make lemonaide. Maybe shop on some on-line catalogs, buy some go fast parts and dream of sunny days to come.:cool:
Sit in the car, start the engine, put on some Steppenwolf, recline the seat, and enjoy.

Dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome home from a West Tn neighbor. You know how our weather goes. If you don't like it today just wait till tomorrow. It is supposed to be a fair day Sunday. Are you on leave or is your tour up ? Glad your home !

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
69 Posts

6GUN,

Just wanted to say thanks for your committment to this country. My famiily is very grateful. Glad you made it back.

CB

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Welcome home.Glad you were able to type it.Now stay home.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be gone in a couple of days and then I'll burn off some $3.40 gas. I don't know you guys in the northern states are able to keep your patience waiting for spring.

On a side note: I just sold my '03 Cobra Convertible. Now I'll be able to get some of those parts I've been eyeballing. Today looks like a good day to place some orders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
6gun,

Welcome back glad to hear you made it back safe. Your service to the best country in the world is greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome home brother! Glad to see our boys coming home in one piece. On another note, I live in Buffalo, NY, I know the feeling...:mad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome home. Thank-you so much for your service. Hope this will be your last tour of duty.
Spring and summer not too far away. Hang on!:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome home,
Thank you for helping keep our country safe. Spring is right around the corner so go ahead and get your mod list in order because these cars are a blast to drive and are very mod friendly.:D :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
6GUN

Welcome home :) Thank you for your service to our great nation. I hope you are home to stay for awhile. Have fun getting back into the swing of things here in the good ol' USA.

Enjoy your car :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately it's only for a short time. I'll be back again in May, then summer and then November. My tours are only 30-90 days at a pop. That's the good part. The bad part is that it repeats itself year after year after year. I guess I have about 2 1/2 years in country between OIF and OEF, but it sure beats the hell out of 12 to 15 months straight.

Thank again for your support.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome home! I know how it feels.:)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately it's only for a short time. I'll be back again in May, then summer and then November. My tours are only 30-90 days at a pop. That's the good part. The bad part is that it repeats itself year after year after year. I guess I have about 2 1/2 years in country between OIF and OEF, but it sure beats the hell out of 12 to 15 months straight.

Thank again for your support.
Sounds like you work for BWS. I have a couple freinds who do.:)

Cal

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Welcome home, 6gun! Too bad about the snow. At least you can sit in the garage and admire her. My baby was just taken to the shop for a new tranny. My garage seems so empty. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts