Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's an interesting article on the front page of the Washington Times, today. "Hollywood blames the NRA for mass shootings while filling films with violence" Talk about hypocrisy! They are the poster child for glamorizing shooting violence on the screens and then have the unmitigated gall to try and lay the total blame at someone else's doorstep. Talk about a group of people who have no belief that they are culpable in contributing to a violent society. Ask them to stop producing gun violence films and see what their reaction would be. Like I said, absolute hypocrites.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Selective hypocrisy IS the left. I had a long response typed out before the hurt feelings closed the thread this morning.

"Save just one child" by banning ar15's meanwhile throwing children in a dumpster by the 10's of thousands every year.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure that their gig is up. Good people are tired of their whiny arses and are mobilizing against them.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,696 Posts
If the Liberal driven Hollywood really wants to do something, begin by cleaning up their own houses (violence in film), There is a reasonable action that would be effective.

Another revelation for thought.
In the school years from 1998 to 2012, 2,132 people were killed by 'school transportation' related incidents.
An average of 142 per year.

In the that same 15 year time period, 50 students and 12 staff members were killed by an 'active shooter'.
An average of 4 per year.

Where is the liberal outrage (and screams for bans) over these statistics!!!
What do the 'hypocrites' have to say about this.

https://www1.maine.gov/doe/security/resources/Relative_Risks_of_Death_in_US_K-12_Schools.pdf

Ken
RLTW

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ah geeeezz.......... Rhetorical question I am sure..... But why does everything people on the far right don't like have to be a "liberal" thing? Is recreational drug usage, alcoholism, speeding, crossing in a no-crossing zone, non-secular religious beliefs, the color blue, anything "left", ......... "all" the fault of those who may have some liberal beliefs? Really?

I totally agree that the whole Hollywood thing does contribute to the national image of gun usage, NO DOUBT! But, could it possibly be more of a simple supply and demand issue? Funny, I never thought the pursuit of capitalism was solely the idea of only liberals....... If that's the case, we need a lot more of them.

<sigh>

·
Banned
376 Posts
Ah geeeezz.......... Rhetorical question I am sure..... But why does everything people on the far right don't like have to be a "liberal" thing? Is recreational drug usage, alcoholism, speeding, crossing in a no-crossing zone, non-secular religious beliefs, the color blue, anything "left", ......... "all" the fault of those who may have some liberal beliefs? Really?

I totally agree that the whole Hollywood thing does contribute to the national image of gun usage, NO DOUBT! But, could it possibly be more of a simple supply and demand issue? Funny, I never thought the pursuit of capitalism was solely the idea of only liberals....... If that's the case, we need a lot more of them.

<sigh>

Yeah, that supply thing sure goes away with new laws. Kind of like how hard it is to find heroin and cocaine these days.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Are you saying that Hollywood isn't 99.9% liberal biased.
That 95% of the big box media isn't liberal biased.
That this liberal predominent press spends over 90% of there 'NEWS' reporting in an attempt to demean the current administration.
That over 90% of the education systems are now not liberal biased.
That most all the now PC driven agenda is not liberal driven biased.
That most all of the gun-grabbing, do away with the second amendment, ban, ban, ban is not liberal driven bias.
That 'resisting' the duly appointed agents of the LAW in enforcing the law, in so called sanctuary cities is not liberal driven bias.
...I could go on and on with examples... but it would all be denied, as i'm certain it will be.
You can not say that it isn't a liberal problem, it simply is.

Ken
RLTW

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Ah geeeezz.......... Rhetorical question I am sure.....

I totally agree that the whole Hollywood thing does contribute to the national image of gun usage, NO DOUBT!

**But, could it possibly be more of a simple supply and demand issue?**

Funny, I never thought the pursuit of capitalism was solely the idea of only liberals.......
** and the supply side would be Liberal Hollywood and there excessive films of gun violence and then themsevels crying "ban the guns" !!!!**
All the while making millions of $$$$...

LIBERAL Hollywood Hipocracy

Reactions: bisqwik

·
Banned
9,880 Posts

<sigh>
Just another do as I say not as I do. Hollywood scream and hollers about equality the find out they are the biggest abuser of it. Scream and holler about gun violence and yet they are the biggest producers showing it. Scream and holler about capitalist pigs and yet these people make mega millions so they can have lavish mansion all over the globe. There are plenty of ways to get their message across without all the blood and gore. I still remember old Hitchcock movies. no blood, gore or anything but scary as hell. Movie producers have NO talent anymore. The days of original movies are long gone. Just look at the latest one. Nothing but a comic book brought to the screen. How original is that? The people today have become accustomed to violence that it means nothing to them anymore. Desensitized by movies, video games, music, etc. It is no wonder that violent movies are popular. Hollywood feeds on this with no sense about what it is doing to young people. If they really want to make a difference change the way they make movies. Put your money where your mouth is and give to charitable organizations that do good helping the poor. NO ONE needs multiple mansions. All about greed. Rant OFF

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ok.... so only liberals are selling items to the public, who then in turn buy them? I can see PBS, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, being "liberal" biased in opinion....... just like Fox is far right biased. But, they all are still money making businesses who depend on the public (thru sponsors and cable service providers) buying their services and or sponsored products, not a political propaganda machine totally based on destroying the far right or left worlds. <IMO>

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

<sigh>
Some liberals are way out there. Some conservatives are too! My brother-in law hates to be called a liberal. He prefers "progressive". I know how to rattle his chain!>:) I think those of us on this forum fall somewhere in the middle. I know I hold pretty conservative views about things in general, but I also depend far more on my common sense and reasoning as to what is right for the country and what is wrong. I like to make my decisions based on facts, not hysteria. Leaders on both sides want it black and white sometimes, and that rarely works. If the film producers and directors removed gun violence from their movies, I think that decision would encourage and challenge them to make better movies that don't simply rely on gratuitous violence. We, as a viewing public, would accept that without much hoopla! My German friend and I get into some fierce arguments about politic as he grew up in Germany whose government is quite involved in the decision making process of almost every citizen. The USA tends to resist government interference and sometimes its a good thing and sometimes not. Example: Lothar says when the Germans make a law in Germany and if it's sensible, the public complies with little resistance because it makes sense. He says when the US Govt. makes a law we immediately try to figure how we can get around it! We laugh at that, but it's pretty valid!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok.... so only liberals are selling items to the public, who then in turn buy them? I can see PBS, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, being "liberal" biased in opinion....... just like Fox is far right biased. But, they all are still money making businesses who depend on the public (thru sponsors and cable service providers) buying their services and or sponsored products, not a political propaganda machine totally based on destroying the far right or left worlds. <IMO>
I've watched all the broadcasting companies you list. From an unbiased stand, I think the MSM does push a progressive agenda. No one can deny that and not be taken for a fool. I do commend Fox for "at least" providing an opposing view from someone representing the progressive viewpoint. So to say Fox is "far right" biased is somewhat inaccurate. They definitely have a conservative base, but also try to give you both sides of the argument and then you can decide. Isn't that what news reporting was supposed to be about? No doubt every one of the broadcasting companies bottom line is financial profit. It's capitalism. I think the difference is that the MSM make no apologies about their liberal or progressive agendas where Fox does have a motto "fair and balanced".

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,473 Posts
You guys are going to kill my action movies!!

You know what's ironic about movies...parents taking young kids (<10 years old) to R rated movies. My wife and I enjoy our movie nights, and time and time again we see these dumb a$$ parents bringing kids into R and even violent PG-13 movies that are most definitely not appropriate for young eyes. My wife and I used to read reviews and ratings of every movie that our kids wanted to see, and if it wasn't appropriate, they didn't get to see it. We went to watch a movie with tons of violence...I think it was Dunkirk...and a young couple with three kids ranging in age from about 4 to 9 came in and sat down a row or two in front of us!!! We looked at each other and commented about how inappropriate this movie was for those young kids loud enough for the parents to hear. They didn't react, but about 1/3 of the way into the movie they had to leave because the kids were not having a good time! Glad they took the kids out, but wow, what were they thinking.

I sure like to leave parents the freedom to raise their kids, and I also don't like the gov't invoking controls very often. However, some of these parents require someone else to tell them what is inappropriate for young eyes and brains. And now the point of my saying all this...where does hollywood draw the line, or is a change needed to the movie ratings. I don't have an answer to this question, but it seems like hoping parents will parent is a pipe dream anymore.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guys are going to kill my action movies!!

You know what's ironic about movies...parents taking young kids (<10 years old) to R rated movies. My wife and I enjoy our movie nights, and time and time again we see these dumb a$$ parents bringing kids into R and even violent PG-13 movies that are most definitely not appropriate for young eyes. My wife and I used to read reviews and ratings of every movie that our kids wanted to see, and if it wasn't appropriate, they didn't get to see it. We went to watch a movie with tons of violence...I think it was Dunkirk...and a young couple with three kids ranging in age from about 4 to 9 came in and sat down a row or two in front of us!!! We looked at each other and commented about how inappropriate this movie was for those young kids loud enough for the parents to hear. They didn't react, but about 1/3 of the way into the movie they had to leave because the kids were not having a good time! Glad they took the kids out, but wow, what were they thinking.

I sure like to leave parents the freedom to raise their kids, and I also don't like the gov't invoking controls very often. However, some of these parents require someone else to tell them what is inappropriate for young eyes and brains. And now the point of my saying all this...where does hollywood draw the line, or is a change needed to the movie ratings. I don't have an answer to this question, but it seems like hoping parents will parent is a pipe dream anymore.
Well put, Big Mike! Sharon and I have seen the same scenario at movie theatres, as well. Ya can't fix stupid! I've often thought there should be some educational class parents have to attend and pass before they can have children. Obviously that will never happen so the fortunate younger parents whose parents gave them the skills and examples of good parenting are the lucky ones. Boy did police work open my eyes as to how many parents put their kids on a one way ticket to criminality. It's a social enigma and the USA isn't the only country who has to deal with bad parenting. Years ago theatre employees would prevent underage kids from entering a movie, but due to civil suits and ugly confrontations, that went the way of the Do-Do bird. Unfortunately, Hollywood is driven by financial gain beyond any of our wildest dreams and I truly believe they could care less about the long term effects on our kids. They are truly whores and I have zero respect for the whole industry.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
...... They are truly whores and I have zero respect for the hole industry.

this made me giggle....
:grin:

(ok, i did delete a 'w'.....)
>:)

Ken
RLTW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts