Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Oli based primer works well but if you want to use a water base sealer with low oder and easier cleanup I recommend a product by Zinsser called Guardz. I‘ve used it in all my wallpapered areas with great results. After removing paper using Downey Softener and warm water I wash the walls with TSP and scotchbrite pads to remove the glue followed by rinising with water. My house had numerous rooms covered in wallpaper and if I never have to remove any again I’ll be a happy camper.
I haven’t used that product before, but I’ll remember to look for it should I ever tackle wallpaper removal again, God forbid. This was the third and final room in this house, and two of them were the worst I have ever attacked because the wallpaper was glued directly to the bare sheetrock, which allowed the glue to soak into the paper on the surface of the sheetrock. I can’t tell you how many different removal tricks I tried, including Downey.

So forum members, unless you hate yourself or the next guy who has to remove any wallpaper you put up, at least put a coat of primer (or paint) on the wall before you glue wallpaper on it! 😤

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,708 Posts
Sometimes I think it's just easier to rip the drywall out and start fresh...lol.

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
483 Posts
I’m manage and am a part owner of an Electrical Wholesale distributor just north of Detroit. In my spare time I golf, bicycle and play tennis. I also love rock concerts, as another hobby. Working around the house is on my list also. And rocking the Shelby is always on the hobby list, as well as cars in general...living in the Motor City has that effect.

Nice to hear everyone’s stories.....
I went to school for two years to Albion College (bunch of spoiled brats) and played a sport there until transferred to IU. Loved Michigan, well minus the ball shrinking cold. Talk about KP!

I enjoyed Detroit, even though I know it is or was in bad shape. Seems folks are coming in and buying up tons of neighborhoods and making them more upscale or at least cool small communities. Plus when you are 18 and 19 it is a blast to go to Windsor.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts