Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT 500 front fascia along with the HID headlights from a slightly damaged car. I plan to attach this front fascia to my 2007 Mustang GT. My question is; If I have the entire headlight wiring harness(all the way to the fuse box) from the 08 Shelby can I attach this wiring harness to my 07 fuse box without purchasing any relays or make any computer modifications. I am thinking of just purchasing regular halogen headlight assemblies for the 07 thru 09 Shelby GT 500 and sell the the HID headlight assembly if the conversion is too much of a problem.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Shelby GT 500 front fascia along with the HID headlights from a slightly damaged car. I plan to attach this front fascia to my 2007 Mustang GT. My question is; If I have the entire headlight wiring harness(all the way to the fuse box) from the 08 Shelby can I attach this wiring harness to my 07 fuse box without purchasing any relays or make any computer modifications. I am thinking of just purchasing regular halogen headlight assemblies for the 07 thru 09 Shelby GT 500 and sell the the HID headlight assembly if the conversion is too much of a problem.
Welcome to the forum! Not sure if anyone has done that here. Please let us know what you discover.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

New Member Introductions

We also have a sub-forum for non GT500s here:

·
Registered
278 Posts
welcome to the world of mod snowballing and needing more parts.
couldn't tell you for sure about the light differences. i THINK the HID wiring is different and needs to be modified to work with non HID lights. i THINK the HID wiring harness does plug into your fuse box. even if it doesn't you shouldn't need any ECM mods to make this work. this mod is just a wiring issue.
if you just want to install NON HID GT500 lights i think this is just a plug and play with a GT car.
you will also be required to extend your fog light wires to plug into the GT500 fogs. they are located in the lower bumper on a GT500 and the GT has them in the grill.
i hope you got the GT500 upper and lower grill because the GT ones won't fit a GT500 bumper. this is obvious so you probably got or you know you will need these parts.
you will also need to get a GT500 hood to go with the bumper. a GT hood will hit the center of the GT500 grill.
you will also need the end bumper bracket that attach the bumper to the fenders if you didn't get them with the bumper also. the Gt ones are different.
hope this info helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome to the world of mod snowballing and needing more parts.
couldn't tell you for sure about the light differences. i THINK the HID wiring is different and needs to be modified to work with non HID lights. i THINK the HID wiring harness does plug into your fuse box. even if it doesn't you shouldn't need any ECM mods to make this work. this mod is just a wiring issue.
if you just want to install NON HID GT500 lights i think this is just a plug and play with a GT car.
you will also be required to extend your fog light wires to plug into the GT500 fogs. they are located in the lower bumper on a GT500 and the GT has them in the grill.
i hope you got the GT500 upper and lower grill because the GT ones won't fit a GT500 bumper. this is obvious so you probably got or you know you will need these parts.
you will also need to get a GT500 hood to go with the bumper. a GT hood will hit the center of the GT500 grill.
you will also need the end bumper bracket that attach the bumper to the fenders if you didn't get them with the bumper also. the Gt ones are different.
hope this info helps.
Thanks Goose, I think I am going to return the HID headlights and go with the halogen lights. And yes I have the upper and lower grilles and I am currently examining all other items that I may need. I did not get the end bumper brackets nor the fender liner but I have requested them. I have a Cervini heat extractor hood and I was told by Cervini it would work but they said I would lose the Shelby GT 500 look, so I may be in the market for a hood. These mods will not be complete until the spring, so I will have some time to assemble all of the parts needed and thanks again.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
Thanks Goose, I think I am going to return the HID headlights and go with the halogen lights. And yes I have the upper and lower grilles and I am currently examining all other items that I may need. I did not get the end bumper brackets nor the fender liner but I have requested them. I have a Cervini heat extractor hood and I was told by Cervini it would work but they said I would lose the Shelby GT 500 look, so I may be in the market for a hood. These mods will not be complete until the spring, so I will have some time to assemble all of the parts needed and thanks again.
Modding these cars and making it your own is a big part of the fun in owning them. I look forward to seeing what you do!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts