Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the list. I am an auto enthusiast and recently just ordered an 08 GT500 after I was up close and personal with the Shelby GT500KR at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. I was so impressed, that I withdrew my order for a Dodge Challenger. I ordered the car last week with an expected delivery in mid March. I do plan to do a number of mods to the car and can't wait to get started!

Couple questions:

How does everyone like their cars?

Is it your first Mustang or are you a Mustang fan? (this is my first)

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome!!!

How does everyone like their cars?
- Best car ever!! My wife giggles every time she drives it. I get another reaction that is not appropriate to discuss in a public forum :p

Is it your first Mustang or are you a Mustang fan?
- It's my wife's car. She's owned a '69 coupe and a '98 V6 previously.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the same car on order...2/25 build date.

Third Mustang....had a brand new '91 triple black 5.0 vert, 03 Cobra vert and now this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good chioce. Both the color and the change from the Challenger.

Absolutely love it.

My third. I had a '79 Cobra (4cyl Turbo), and '93 5.0 GT. Once you own a Mustang, you will always be a fan. These 2 were nowhere close to my GT500 in power or build quality. But, the prior 2 had a tremendous amount of character. I haven't owned this one long enough to learn to appreciate its character, yet. In fact, I haven't driven it in 2 1/2 months thanks to winter. Each time I have sold one of them, I found myself looking at them on the lots wishing I had not gotten rid of it. I don't ever plan to sell this one.

Welcome to the Mustang Family. I think it creates a Comradery (doubt I spelled that right, not a word I have a lot of uses for). You will probably find yourself waving at fellow owners when you pass them on the street (even when you are not in your Mustang) and admiring all models and years of Mustangs.

Be sure to post pics of her when you get it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome!

You're going to love your car.
My first Ford was an 88' McLaren convertible. I just sold it a few months back.
This has to be one of the all time best cars I've owned, and definitely one of the funnest.
Not to mention the nuts you meet online...

But who mentioned JoeG?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have had more fun in this car than any other.Like George said"mod friendly"I have had a 68 Mustang with a 289(1st car I ever had,it hooked me).I grew up having Vettes(my dads) my whole life.I also had a 69 MACH I with a 351 Windsor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You made the right choice to go with the GT 500 - it truly is the best and most fun car I've ever owned. This is my 7th Mustang and I've enjoyed them all, but this one's definitely the best.
This is also a great forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts