Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There should be a bunch somewhere, where are you?

We have the best weather.

Our roads are NOT torn up with pot holes from winter.

There are some inceredible drives to take, mountains, winding creeside, flat open stright hiways...

Come on lets get together and do SOMETHING...

Ken

·
Banned
9,881 Posts

There are some inceredible drives to take, mountains, winding creeside, flat open stright hiways...

Ken
I think they are all down in the valley. Not up there with you hill people. :grin:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm putting around the easts valley, but splitting up DD driver duty with a '06 Miata until my son learns to drive a stick.

I'll be doing a road course at Wild Horse Pass on Sun Feb 19th. Looking forward to getting a 1/4 mile straight run on that course.

I'll drop you a note when we do another "Caffeine and Hot Rods" in Chandler...we are long overdue.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts

Ken
We need to hold a yearly "shelbyfest of the west" at our place. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm putting around the eats valley, but splitting up DD driver duty with a '06 Miata until my son learns to drive a stick.

I'll be doing a road course at Wild Horse Pass on Sun Feb 19th. Looking forward to getting a 1/4 mile straight run on that course.

I'll drop you a note when we do another "Caffeine and Hot Rods" in Chandler...we are long overdue.
Sounds good to me, I just want to get this car out and play a little. We can't be the only 500's around!

While it was cool to see some cars, (There by DunkinDnuts right), there has to be some that would enjoy a cruise somewhere. I was the president of a car club down there and we were always planning and going places.

On the 19th, is that a open track day or is there a group sponsor?
Ken

·
Registered
560 Posts
On the 19th, is that a open track day or is there a group sponsor?
Ken
Open track day through ProAutoSports. Bondurant Main track.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope to be one soon (GT500 owner that is). On my hunt for my new mustang ride. Current ride is an 07 Perf White GT/CS Love driving it. Currently have 115K miles on it and still runs great. Have always had a desire for a GT 500. Visit The Shelby Store/Museum every year on my annual trek to Las Vegas.

AZChris

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,984 Posts
Hope to be one soon (GT500 owner that is). On my hunt for my new mustang ride. Current ride is an 07 Perf White GT/CS Love driving it. Currently have 115K miles on it and still runs great. Have always had a desire for a GT 500. Visit The Shelby Store/Museum every year on my annual trek to Las Vegas.

AZChris
Welcome to the forum AZChris! You’ve come to a good place to learn about these awesome cars. There are usually some nice examples for sale here as well.

Holler if you need any forum help.

Also, if you haven’t seen our New Member area, you’ll find it here:

New Member Introductions - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Heading to Mesa for a long weekend to visit my folks. Unfortunately no Shelby to drive when I get there.:frown:

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts

Ken
Those people are probably out looking for hay!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello from Tucson, Arizona

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Maybe I should start a new post, but I figure most of the Arizona peeps are following this thread. I am not looking to start any drama, but I am looking for a dealership or independent shop in the Phoenix-metro to service my new-to-me 2009 GT500KR. Feel free to PM me if you like with your bad reviews, but I am curious to know with whom do you trust your GT500 car for normal service and repairs. Thanks for any recommendations (good or bad).

When the purchase of my new car is finalized, I will post up pictures and more details. I look forward to hanging out, track days, and cruises if any of you are into that sort of thing.

-Harold
Phoenix, AZ

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hello from Tucson, Arizona
Nice! Another Tucson gt500! Unfortunately we DO have potholes big enough in Tucson to be Shelby eaters but we get good at dodging em. :alfdance:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts