Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hi, I will be purchasing a 2010 (hopefully very soon), deciding on color, but leaning towards Performance White w/ gray stripes and I have YET to find a picture of one. Other choices- Silver with Black stripes and both Kona Blue combos. :rocker:

I had a slightly modified 2003 Mustang GT that I loved, have been searching for 9 months for this car (my dream car), have test-driven over 30 vehicles, researched over 50 (too many to name, but even performance SUVs considered). In the end, the choice was right under my nose. I have a Sept 07 Motor Trend mag with the Shelby GT500KR on the cover I see every day. It's all I wanted, but I was waffling between my "final choice" (a new Corvette Z06 and BMW M3) when I saw a Shelby GT500 the other day and realized how much I love the Mustang!!! Started doing much research, really dove deep on a couple GTs at the dealer yesterday, and knew the Shelby Cobra GT500 was IT!!

WELCOME ANY AND ALL ADVICE!!! :clap:

As soon as my project funds, my order will be placed. As we've had 7 delays, I've become a patient man!! Also allowed me to find my car!!!Just hope I can order and get her before summer is up!!! :cool:

Thx in advance for any advice, look forward to being a member and conversing with the crew!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome Dawg, looking forward to your contributions to the site!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome aboard Dawg. I like the Kona as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and I do say as a new GT 500 owner myself since Feb. 09. that its a fun car to drive!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What made your mind up for you? I'm starting your process now and am looking at similar cars (vette, m3, gt500) and even some lower priced ones with the thought of heavy modding later (infiniti g37, camaro ss, nissan 370z, mustang GT, etc).

I'm still leaning toward the GT500, and am waiting to see if they're planning anything for 2011 as I think I'll wait till the next model year before buying (partly because I'd like to finance under 30k, not a fan of paying tons in interest).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What made your mind up for you? I'm starting your process now and am looking at similar cars (vette, m3, gt500) and even some lower priced ones with the thought of heavy modding later (infiniti g37, camaro ss, nissan 370z, mustang GT, etc).

I'm still leaning toward the GT500, and am waiting to see if they're planning anything for 2011 as I think I'll wait till the next model year before buying (partly because I'd like to finance under 30k, not a fan of paying tons in interest).
You name it, I either drove it or researched it!! Good luck and enjoy the search!!

For me, was down to the M3 and Z06, was about sold on the Z but GM's issues and my concerns over finding someone to service the car started to turn me, reliability then started popping up with all the owners I blog with or know. And I wanted a reliable daily driver.

I had an 03 GT, when I read about the handling improvements, DONE DEAL! And lastly, has a back seat if I ever need with two kids. With all that, interior quality improvements and the classic Shelby name, became a no-brainer.

Cannot wait to order...:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
You name it, I either drove it or researched it!! Good luck and enjoy the search!!

For me, was down to the M3 and Z06, was about sold on the Z but GM's issues and my concerns over finding someone to service the car started to turn me, reliability then started popping up with all the owners I blog with or know. And I wanted a reliable daily driver.

I had an 03 GT, when I read about the handling improvements, DONE DEAL! And lastly, has a back seat if I ever need with two kids. With all that, interior quality improvements and the classic Shelby name, became a no-brainer.

Cannot wait to order...:)
Well, now you're just feeding my desire to jump on one immediately! I haven't heard about the Vette issues? Anything major that's popping up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, now you're just feeding my desire to jump on one immediately! I haven't heard about the Vette issues? Anything major that's popping up?
Electrical... dead batteries, getting locked out... and the new Grand Sport has a lot of what the Z06 has, so what direction is Chevy going with the Vette? It's strong and the engine can be beaten to death, but go push on the back of one near the license plate... flexes like hell which bothered me a bit.

In the end, when I can settle on a color, I'm good to go with the Shelby!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Electrical... dead batteries, getting locked out... and the new Grand Sport has a lot of what the Z06 has, so what direction is Chevy going with the Vette? It's strong and the engine can be beaten to death, but go push on the back of one near the license plate... flexes like hell which bothered me a bit.

In the end, when I can settle on a color, I'm good to go with the Shelby!!
Good luck, I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts