Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it's an OK color. Like jkittrell, I also want to see the Alloy color. I think I have a picture of it on a Ford GT, Mustang GT and Shelby Cobra concept, but I'm not sure if it's Alloy or if it is just the Silver...:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi there,
I've heard (from the 1-800-FORD-SVT guy) that the "Alloy" Colour is a really dark grey, almost black with a hint of metallic in it. Hope that helps. I think that it's the colour I'm going to go with once it finally get's out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, if that's the case, then the pictures I have DEFINITELY aren't the Alloy. They are a real light silver, almost looks like raw aluminum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Berzerk said:
Well, if that's the case, then the pictures I have DEFINITELY aren't the Alloy. They are a real light silver, almost looks like raw aluminum.
Sounds like Tungsten. Check out mustang site for all colors except Alloy and Grabber Orange.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Canada#7_Shelby said:
Hi there,
I've heard (from the 1-800-FORD-SVT guy) that the "Alloy" Colour is a really dark grey, almost black with a hint of metallic in it. Hope that helps. I think that it's the colour I'm going to go with once it finally get's out.
What he was describing sounds like Tungsten Grey clearcoat. The Alloy is supposed to be a SATIN stripe that is akin to silver. All the stripes except for the Alloy are supposed to match the factory paint colors in appearance and gloss, except that they are 3M vinyl.

The pictures of this GT that was specially produced (no other info) show the contrast between Tungsten Grey body and MOST LIKELY Alloy stripes although in this pic they were referred to as Satin Silver.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Now available on the GT500. What do you think? Not sure of the trim color available. I'm still looking for the "Alloy" color.
Nah.... all those Grabber Orange owners are crazy!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
They have Orange on the brain, towels, mailboxes, bicycles, flowers....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I forgot about the tractor.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts