Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
What package did you have done? What is your build #?
No package or build, they did a dyno tune on my car.
While waiting I got a chance to tour their shop and see firsthand the work that was being done.
I have one friend with a Ford Gt and another with a Viper that both sued Hennessey over the work done on their cars.
I personally witnessed the Trackhawk they built catch on fire at the Texas Mile a few years back due to shoddy work.
If you're one of his fans, I can assure you that you're in the minority, but hey, if you're happy paying $30k for 1000 hp at the crank then that's awesome.
And I stand by what I said, I hope you never have to use your warranty.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts

That's his newer profile, his older one was rife with complaints.
Do a google search and visit some of the older threads on the Viper and GT forums about your hero before you start defending him.
Good luck with your car, I honestly hope it lives up to your expectations and you have no issues with it.
Notice only one positive rating and 1 complaint?:ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500
110 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's his newer profile, his older one was rife with complaints.
Do a google search and visit some of the older threads on the Viper and GT forums about your hero before you start defending him.
Good luck with your car, I honestly hope it lives up to your expectations and you have no issues with it.
Notice only one positive rating and 1 complaint?:ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes:
But so many people are suing? What’s up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BBB ratings can be bought from the BBB. They actively call businesses and sell "accreditations". After they tried to sell the company I work for an A+ accreditation I lost all respect for the BBB. Their rating system doesn't stand for anything if you can buy a good rating.
So the BBB calls people, they sells creds ?
When I had an issue with AT&T, they did not help me? It was all fake? Interesting as AT&T resolved the issue, real quick. Must have been a coincidence.

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500
110 Posts
So the BBB calls people, they sells creds ?
When I had an issue with AT&T, they did not help me? It was all fake? Interesting as AT&T resolved the issue, real quick. Must have been a coincidence.
They do call people and sell accreditations. I just don't take much stock in their ratings of companies now that I know that. They do still handle complaints but it's hard to believe their rating system any longer. I hope you are one of the few people who have good luck with Hennessey. Seems like more often than not people are spending a lot of money to get screwed over. I (along with a few others, it looks like) just wanted to make sure you are aware of the issues Hennessey has so you can make an informed decision. If it were me, I'd definitely want to know. I also thought about having my last Mustang modded by Hennessey, but after all the research I did, I changed my mind.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
But so many people are suing? What’s up?

Read the reply above yours; you can buy an accreditation from the BBB.
Also, if you're in litigation, you can have the BBB remove the bad complaint while it is in litigation.
Last, most of the suits wind up being settled out of court once John finally either makes the issue right, or pays the requested amount.
Look, you don't have to believe mine or my friends personal experiences. I guarantee I won't lose any sleep over it.
I'm pretty certain you're a reasonably capable human being.
Do a simple google search on Hennessey and read up on some of his follies.
At the end of the day, if you're happy with your, from a value, performance and quality perspective, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Also, if you're in litigation, you can have the BBB remove the bad complaint while it is in litigation.
Last, most of the suits wind up being settled out of court once John finally either makes the issue right, or pays the requested amount.
Look, you don't have to believe mine or my friends personal experiences. I guarantee I won't lose any sleep over it.
At the end of the day, if you're happy with your, from a value, performance and quality perspective, then that's all that matters.
I appreciate the feedback, I honestly do not care about Viper owners, who probably blew up their cars. How long ago did they have their car worked on? They are chasing a company years later with claims? I am all about Customer Service, let’s have some reasonable expectations though.

I paid with a credit card, the money is insured.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I submitted a claim with the Better business bureau, against AT&T. Within (2) weeks all my concerns were resolved. I fought with AT&T for 7+ months, $1200 for a stolen iphone.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
976 Posts
@Hashtag
At the end of the day, I think they are just trying to help you make an informed decision. When I had the company out of Florida build my motor, somebody let me know they had a very bad experience. While it was too late for me to change my mind, as the motor was already being built, I definitely appreciated the information. Thankfully, my experience has not been his experience.
I have no experience whatsoever with Hennessey, and if you go through with it, I hope you have a good experience.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,651 Posts
Do you have any affiliation with Hennessy @Hashtag ? People are just trying to help you out, but you're praising a company you haven't received a finished product from yet. I get you want to affirm your decision, but going in with open eyes isn't a bad thing. Like others have said, I hope it goes well for you, but the odds don't seem to be in your favor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Do you have any affiliation with Hennessy @Hashtag ? People are just trying to help you out, but you're praising a company you haven't received a finished product from yet. I get you want to affirm your decision, but going in with open eyes isn't a bad thing. Like others have said, I hope it goes well for you, but the odds don't seem to be in your favor.
Yes, I am a customer. It is amazing how someone can accomplish 30 years, by ripping everybody off?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Yes, I am a customer. It is amazing how someone can accomplish 30 years, by ripping everybody off?
No, what really is amazing is that a company can have a long history of ripping people off, shoddy work, stealing parts off of cars, selling parts but never installing them, misrepresenting parts etc. and yet not only still be in business, but have someone like yourself vigorously defend them.
Good luck with your build. I honestly hope that you get everything you paid for and it at least meets your expectations.
Please post your impressions once you have had the car back for a bit, as well as any track times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No, what really is amazing is that a company can have a long history of ripping people off, shoddy work, stealing parts off of cars, selling parts but never installing them, misrepresenting parts etc. and yet not only still be in business, but have someone like yourself vigorously defend them.
Good luck with your build. I honestly hope that you get everything you paid for and it at least meets your expectations.
Please post your impressions once you have had the car back for a bit, as well as any track times.
You sound like a person who cry’s about dealers ADM’s,

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
You sound like a person who cry’s about dealers ADM’s,

Nope, I actually negotiate pricing to get the deal I want; my first 2020 I bought in November for 4500 below MSRP.
My second one I bought this past March at MSRP, but the dealer paid for the transport from Ohio.
You apparently do not shop around, or are very knowledgeable about the GT500 performance market based upon the premium skinning you're taking
Starting to wonder if you're not John himself, now that you're resorting to personal attacks....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
Just a reminder to “play nice” everyone. This thread started as an owner excited about a performance mod he is doing to his car. I would be excited too. If it all goes as advertised, it’s going to be a helluva car! Let’s leave it at that and wait for the results. I wish you nothing but awesome success Hashtag!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nope, I actually negotiate pricing to get the deal I want; my first 2020 I bought in November for 4500 below MSRP.
My second one I bought this past March at MSRP, but the dealer paid for the transport from Ohio.
You apparently do not shop around, or are very knowledgeable about the GT500 performance market based upon the premium skinning you're taking
Starting to wonder if you're not John himself, now that you're resorting to personal attacks....
Nope. I have $$. I do not mind paying the price of getting something, when they first 1st debut.

It was not a personal attack, just a stereotype 😂😂.
I had a Handling Pack GT500, bought it when they 1st came out. I do not mind paying $, it is the cost of doing business. You probably tired to get one at MSRP @ launch. You probably went through TrueCar bawhahhahahaha.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.