Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Hi, my CF Track Pack will be going to Hennessey for the Venom 1000 Package. Build will take less than 4 weeks. I will keep you updated on the progress, most importantly I will post pictures of the build, when I receive it back.
Outstanding! You are the first I’ve seen do this across the web! Please give us your impressions when you get the car back!

Also, please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

We also encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly.

For those not familiar with the package, here is a short video:

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFHP
45 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Hi, yes. My car gets picked up sometime this week. They coordinated the shipping for me, which was really nice. #1500 mile trip out to Texas. Total turn key package. I am very impressed with Brandon Hopkins service so far.
Awesome! I’m excited for you! 🤟

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500
110 Posts
I would do some searches about Hennessey and see how customer satisfaction is and feedback.

Tom
I was wondering about that as well. I wanted to take my 13 GT to them but had heard nothing but bad things about them using people's deposits on other people's cars, and lists of excuses why they never make any progress on the builds, along with them keeping the stock parts that come off your car. I'm interested to see if the original poster has better luck.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,153 Posts
I started to post this the other day, but since it's come up, you might want to read the following article from a few years back. I would want to talk to one of the previous builds and see what their experience has been. If there are no completed cars yet, that could be very telling.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Black /w Kona stripes.
19 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang GT500
64 Posts
Nice!! I want!
Does the new warranty include the DCT and drivetrain?
This is a good question.

Research I have done seems to indicate the DCT is rated for about 660ish ft-lbs of torque. I see several people out there pumping up the HP and TQ of the new GT500’s.....but I haven’t seen or read anything about anyone beefing up the DCT. Makes me curious.

I do wonder how long it will be before we see a video of someone grenading the DCT with some of the high HP builds and beating on it at a drag strip. I have a suspicion of who will be the first to reach its limits with his recent engine rebuild...unless they did something to the DCT too.🤔

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Black /w Kona stripes.
19 Posts
This is a good question.

Research I have done seems to indicate the DCT is rated for about 660ish ft-lbs of torque. I see several people out there pumping up the HP and TQ of the new GT500’s.....but I haven’t seen or read anything about anyone beefing up the DCT. Makes me curious.

I do wonder how long it will be before we see a video of someone grenading the DCT with some of the high HP builds and beating on it at a drag strip. I have a suspicion of who will be the first to reach its limits with his recent engine rebuild...unless they did something to the DCT too.🤔
The ZF 7-Speed DCT [as used in the VW 911 Turbo-S] can handle 700 ft-lbs. I wonder if the Tremec shares any "genes" with the ZF DCT? Here's a pretty good video of how the ZF DCT works. I think they used Google translate to come up with the English narrative but if you let your ears/mind retranslate from Google English to normal English you get a good idea how their dual clutch system works internally. 7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission

I remember long time ago a Jeep rebuilder we used to ride with put a 327 V8 in a military M151 Jeep. Fresh outta the shop he rev'd it up and popped the clutch to show us how it would scratch all four wheels. About the 3rd time he did that there was an expensive noise and most of the 12 universal joints accompanied by needle bearings and axles flew out from under the Jeep. I was a young pup fresh out of high school at the time but it left a lasting impression: consider the entire driveline when suping up an engine.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Right up front I want to state that I’m not trying to be a downer, but I have had personal experience with Hennessey as well as have friends who have.
None have been good.
As far as warranty?
You’re going to have a hard time actually getting anything covered under the warranty.
Hennessey’s poor reputation in the Houston area car scene is well known
Everything from screwing over multiple folks back in the Ford GT and then Viper era, to current builds that have blown up, caught fire, or just plain don’t perform how they should.
Here’s a bit of insight on who’s actually working on your $100k car:Hennessey has a “Tuner School” that he charges $14k for.
His students are the ones working on your car.
I personally have seen/heard of missing/loose bolts, Improper installation of components, and even parts that were paid for, but never installed.
Do a simple google search of Hennessey lawsuits.
Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was build # 3, my car is # 4. When I owned a Saleen Extreme, new tech grads built that car. I never had an issue with it. Just like a new pilot, they have to start in the right seat. Fortunately the Venom 1000 package is not very complicated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right up front I want to state that I’m not trying to be a downer, but I have had personal experience with Hennessey as well as have friends who have.
None have been good.
As far as warranty?
You’re going to have a hard time actually getting anything covered under the warranty.
Hennessey’s poor reputation in the Houston area car scene is well known
Everything from screwing over multiple folks back in the Ford GT and then Viper era, to current builds that have blown up, caught fire, or just plain don’t perform how they should.
Here’s a bit of insight on who’s actually working on your $100k car:Hennessey has a “Tuner School” that he charges $14k for.
His students are the ones working on your car.
I personally have seen/heard of missing/loose bolts, Improper installation of components, and even parts that were paid for, but never installed.
Do a simple google search of Hennessey lawsuits.
Caveat Emptor.
What package did you have done? What is your build #?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.