Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm starting yet another tire & wheel thread...please don't hate me.

Wheels:
We have narrowed the race to two: Shelby Razors or the Alcoa Wheels from SPP.

Razors: Less expensive, would look really cool with my tungsten stripes, only 9" wide

Alcoas: More expensive, awesome looking wheel, available in 10" width.

Tires:
If we go with the Razors I was thinking Nitto NT555, Nitto Invo, or Michelin PS2s (255/40/20 in front and 285/30/20 in back). Any recommendations on which I should get?

If we go with the Alocas I want to do 255/40/20 in front and 305/30/20 in the back.
- Will I have clearance issues with a 305 tire? (Lowered 1.25" with FRPP springs)
- The only 305/30/20 tire I've been able to find is the TOYO Proxes T1R. Has anyone used this tire? Good? Bad? Anyone else make a 305/30/20? Or a 295/30/20?

Razors:

Alcoas:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I really like the Razors but like the 10" wide.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I like the Alcoas but you'll need to put bigger rotors in the back or they'll look goofy. Will look good with some shiny slotted & cross-drilled rotors all around.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well, that doesn't help me much, Fred.

I personally like the Razors.If I was going this route thats what I would buy.Is that a little more decisive?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I like the stock wheels but of the 2 choices presented I'd go with the razors.:cool:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I like the Alcoas but you'll need to put bigger rotors in the back or they'll look goofy. Will look good with some shiny slotted & cross-drilled rotors all around.
+1

I like them both to a point, but if they were to be mine I would go with the Alcoa's just for the fact of having to clean all those bolts on the Razors is very time consuming and hard to keep nice looking.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Razors look really good...you can get them widened, but I believe it is like $200/wheel. The Alcoas are probably a better pick with you car color.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your feedback folks.

Does anyone know if 305's will fit without rubbing?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
OK, I'm starting yet another tire & wheel thread...please don't hate me.

Wheels:
We have narrowed the race to two: Shelby Razors or the Alcoa Wheels from SPP.

Razors: Less expensive, would look really cool with my tungsten stripes, only 9" wide

Alcoas: More expensive, awesome looking wheel, available in 10" width.

Tires:
If we go with the Razors I was thinking Nitto NT555, Nitto Invo, or Michelin PS2s (255/40/20 in front and 285/30/20 in back). Any recommendations on which I should get?

If we go with the Alocas I want to do 255/40/20 in front and 305/30/20 in the back.
- Will I have clearance issues with a 305 tire? (Lowered 1.25" with FRPP springs)
- The only 305/30/20 tire I've been able to find is the TOYO Proxes T1R. Has anyone used this tire? Good? Bad? Anyone else make a 305/30/20? Or a 295/30/20?

Razors:

Alcoas:
I like the Alcoas. The razors, to me, look like stamped sheet metal. Sort of flimsy. JMO.

Cal

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have decided to go the Asanti route af-135 (Evo's wheel)..except I am not getting them from them...much cheaper!!;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I like the look of the Razors better, but they won't fit a wide enough tire. I vote for waiting for a better option....which is what I'm doing.:eek:
I'm waiting for a better option also. An 18" wheel 9.5" in front and 10.5" in rear that has killer looks ( polished aluminum forged)

·
Registered
199 Posts
You won't be finding the silver Razors anytime soon. I've been waiting since Nov....

I'm going with the INVOs 295s for the rear and adding an inch to the Razor if they ever come in....

If you haven't seen them in life, do so, the pics don't do them justice. They are gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts