Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would say it was a nice base to visit. I was there a couple times on IG Inspections.
… and other times as HQ AF ICAP's.
( Infrastructure Condition Assessment Program, Lead... to evaluate infrastructure for amount of funding to receive for maintenance and repairs each year )
(see Tim, we have more in common than you know)

I was before retiring in Aug '13, 'The HQ USAF Command Engineer'... spent a considerable amount of time traveling to AF bases around the world and CONUS as part of Inspection Programs. Deciding where our funding allocations would best be distributed, solving issues, creating construction projects, managing projects, creating policy across the AF CE sections. ...IIRC, was provide with some type of Toyota by the base when there! It was one of the 'cleaner' bases I have been on, I do recall that.
Prior to that way, way back in the mid '60's spent my time in the US Army as an Airborne Ranger.
Went from an E1 (private) to a (Lt Col) GS15...

Sounds like a pretty nice gig you have there. Do ever get here to the States?

Ken

(see Tim, we have more in common than you know)
Wow that is awesome Ken! Very interesting history right there! Yes I do go on yearly vacation trips to the states with my wife. In fact I am in Redondo Beach LA right now as I type. Heading to Honolulu tomorrow for a week then back in LA or San Diego for the last week of January. I was road tripping in Florida last December for 2 weeks. I love the freedom here in the US. Back in Asia, we are burdened with so so many covid restrictions.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts
Wow that is awesome Ken! Very interesting history right there! Yes I do go on yearly vacation trips to the states with my wife. In fact I am in Redondo Beach LA right now as I type. Heading to Honolulu tomorrow for a week then back in LA or San Diego for the last week of January. I was road tripping in Florida last December for 2 weeks. I love the freedom here in the US. Back in Asia, we are burdened with so so many covid restrictions.
Sounds great.
Well, if you get back again head on over to Arizona for bit... there could be some really nice driving and lots to see in the area that I live in.... look it up, check out Sedona AZ area. You'd be more than welcome to visit. It isn't all that far from the republic of California, a LOT more Freedom here than there... you may not even want to go back! LOL...

Ken

Reactions: cth621

·
Registered
2021 GT500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds great.
Well, if you get back again head on over to Arizona for bit... there could be some really nice driving and lots to see in the area that I live in.... look it up, check out Sedona AZ area. You'd be more than welcome to visit. It isn't all that far from the republic of California, a LOT more Freedom here than there... you may not even want to go back! LOL...

Ken
We did Phoenix to Sedona to Grand Canyon back in 2017! Beautiful!!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Sky
Sky Mountain Ecoregion Tree Outdoor recreation

Plant Sky Car Vehicle Road surface

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500, Gray, TP+Rec
100 Posts
Oh my Chris, SO many good photos!! Love seeing the monster in front on that track.
Enjoy!! Welcome to the site

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,916 Posts
AWESOME! Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing the pics -- beautiful. Love that you are tracking it!!!

Reactions: cth621
21 - 28 of 28 Posts