Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,500 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 21.
Large Mustang following in the Philippines ?
The closest I ever got was Guam..

·
Registered
2021 GT500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 21.
Large Mustang following in the Philippines ?
The closest I ever got was Guam..
Thanks! Not a lot. A total of 10 units (s550 GT500) were shipped to Manila. No more. That's it for a country with 110mil population. I feel really fortunate to own one.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
299 Posts
Thanks! Not a lot. A total of 10 units (s550 GT500) were shipped to Manila. No more. That's it for a country with 110mil population. I feel really fortunate to own one.
It's great to see other country's enjoying gt500 ownership. Being so rare, your Shelby must really turn some heads 👍

Reactions: cth621

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We are Facebook friends. Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby!

How do you like the Hoosiers? I have a set arriving in a couple days.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
70 Posts
Congrats! and welcome. Love seeing the pics and all those smiling faces.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Very cool!

·
Registered
2021 GT500
228 Posts
I love the wheel and tire combo!

Reactions: SVT662 and cth621

·
Registered
2021 GT500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum! We are Facebook friends. Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby!

How do you like the Hoosiers? I have a set arriving in a couple days.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.
Done! Hoosiers are great. About as fast as Cup2R. Probably a second or two faster than cup2. Consistent lap times despite Manila 100 degree heat.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
228 Posts
What wheels are those?

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,387 Posts
That is great! I used to listen to the great Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM and Midnight in the Desert, when he was alive. He lived in the Philippines (Manila) for several years and absolutely loved it.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts
Good Morning.

I got to your neighborhood 3-4 times... Clark Air Force Base.

It does get 'warm' there for certain, also with some humidity! I would 'jump' around there from Guam and the Marshal Islands.
Just how did you get land a GT500 there! Surprised, I am.

Enjoy the thing to its Maximum.

Ken

·
Registered
2021 GT500
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good Morning.

I got to your neighborhood 3-4 times... Clark Air Force Base.

It does get 'warm' there for certain, also with some humidity! I would 'jump' around there from Guam and the Marshal Islands.
Just how did you get land a GT500 there! Surprised, I am.

Enjoy the thing to its Maximum.

Ken
Oh wow. Were you in the military? Our racetrack is in Clark Airbase. So I'm there a lot! The Ford Philippines management decided to bring in 10 units officially. Other Ford vehicles here are mostly the south east asia models (everest, rangers, ecosport) built in their Thailand manufacturing plant. Ford is big here! Top 3 definitely in total units sold next to Toyota

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,369 Posts
Reactions: 'cause and cth621

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts
…..I have spent time at Clark as well as Cebu… good times…
I would say it was a nice base to visit. I was there a couple times on IG Inspections.
… and other times as HQ AF ICAP's.
( Infrastructure Condition Assessment Program, Lead... to evaluate infrastructure for amount of funding to receive for maintenance and repairs each year )
(see Tim, we have more in common than you know)

Oh wow. Were you in the military?
Our racetrack is in Clark Airbase. So I'm there a lot! The Ford Philippines management decided to bring in 10 units officially. Other Ford vehicles here are mostly the south east asia models (everest, rangers, ecosport) built in their Thailand manufacturing plant. Ford is big here! Top 3 definitely in total units sold next to Toyota
I was before retiring in Aug '13, 'The HQ USAF Command Engineer'... spent a considerable amount of time traveling to AF bases around the world and CONUS as part of Inspection Programs. Deciding where our funding allocations would best be distributed, solving issues, creating construction projects, managing projects, creating policy across the AF CE sections. ...IIRC, was provide with some type of Toyota by the base when there! ( hey, maybe, if I go back to the job and return to Clark, I could use one of the 10 GT500 to ride around in) It was one of the 'cleaner' bases I have been on, I do recall that.
Prior to that way, way back in the mid '60's spent my time in the US Army as an Airborne Ranger.
Went from an E1 (private) to a (Lt Col) GS15 for the Air Force...

Sounds like a pretty nice gig you have there. Do you ever get here to the States?

Ken

Reactions: Goose17 and cth621
1 - 20 of 28 Posts