Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
I am sure the cops have already run a list of registrations of hellcat owners from surrounding areas. With all of the cameras that exist it is only a matter of time before someone is knocking on his door.

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
That car is either stolen or the own has a death wish. He must have had a full tank. I recall a Shelby at 155mph get like 3 miles a gallon. The hellcat must be worse.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
This is old! The car was stolen, it did run out of gas and he fled on foot. They found him and arrested him.
Hopefully, K9 ran him down...

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
The chase was in October 2017 and he was sentenced to three years in prison last June. He's got another couple of years to think about it, but I'm sure he'll be back to no-good before we know it.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I am sure the cops have already run a list of registrations of hellcat owners from surrounding areas. With all of the cameras that exist it is only a matter of time before someone is knocking on his door.
One of the MANY reasons I don't act a fool on the road. I've got the only Grabber Blue with black stripes in Central Colorado, that I know of. If I make an ass of myself, EVERY cop will know me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
One of the MANY reasons I don't act a fool on the road. I've got the only Grabber Blue with black stripes in Central Colorado, that I know of. If I make an ass of myself, EVERY cop will know me.

Same here, only Grabber Blue Shelby around these parts and many of the local LEO's already know me as my wife's dad was local enforcement killed in the line of duty. So try not to act like a total dipstick as they already know where we live!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here, only Grabber Blue Shelby around these parts and many of the local LEO's already know me as my wife's dad was local enforcement killed in the line of duty. So try not to act like a total dipstick as they already know where we live!
The saying: “Don’t shit where you eat” applies.

I drive my car like a hooligan, I just don’t do that close to home.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
The car in question was allegedly stolen. Doesn't seem to be much of a sentence for grand theft. Other accounts claim he had stolen items from the Galleria which put the whole car chase into play. Then an officer punched him in the face at the point of arrest and that started another shit storm.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I remember reading that the hellcat will burn 1.5 gallons a minute at full throttle, 19 gallon tank, gas gone in under 30 minutes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts