Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to attemp to see if these cones that fit over the bulb taht reduce the glare will fit in my headlights. I have put HID bulbs in and they kick some serious bootie, did I say that? I have the 55 watt kit and it sheds some awesome light but I don't want to blind on coming traffic:p

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Going to attemp to see if these cones that fit over the bulb taht reduce the glare will fit in my headlights. I have put HID bulbs in and they kick some serious bootie, did I say that? I have the 55 watt kit and it sheds some awesome light but I don't want to blind on coming traffic:p
Any pics of what 'cones' your talking about ?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Any one used the Ford OEM HIDs for the 07's?

Last I heard there was an issue that the '08's could not be wired into the '07's , but I don't know the details.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
My lights are fine, but I do like the "look" of the HID's.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the start I didn't think our lights were all that great. This is what I'm going to try to see if it fits. Also thinking about putting on http://headlightarmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1479 here is a picture of one headlight that I temporairly put on 20% tint just to see what it would look like. Kind of like the Supe Snake.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they do they are a nice kit. I love the way they uliminate at night, it's like daylight out. I put a set on my fiance's son's 2007 Mustang he loves them as well. This is what I put on my car but one could be very satisfied with the 35 watt kit.

Apexcone Premium Race HID Kit (55 watts)
- Bulb Type H13 (high and low beam)
- Color Temperature 6000k
- Warranty Standard 1-year warranty
- Wiring Harness Standard Plug-and-Play Harnesses
$244.95

Here is the site where I ordered mine from all you need to do is decide what watt, color of light and if you want hi/low or not.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=38

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just to get it through my thick pee-brain.

You bought the Apexcone HID kit for a Mazda, and it fit perfectly into a 2007 GT500?
It has a true hi/lo beam, not a magnetic?
And it's a simple harness replacement and bulb install?
Got any pics under the hood of the install?
Thanks...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to get it through my thick pee-brain.

You bought the Apexcone HID kit for a Mazda, and it fit perfectly into a 2007 GT500?
It has a true hi/lo beam, not a magnetic?
And it's a simple harness replacement and bulb install?
Got any pics under the hood of the install?
Thanks...
First of all I bought the lights from that sight because at the time they had the lights on sale, secondly the kit is not for a mazda, the balasts are pretty much universal the main thing that changes from one car to the other is the Type of bulb and wiring. It is a Hi/Lo kit but it is magnetic which they provide a relay. I do not have pictures sorry but you couldn't see anything because they are hidden. The ballasts are a little bigger tehn a Razor phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes they do they are a nice kit. I love the way they uliminate at night, it's like daylight out. I put a set on my fiance's son's 2007 Mustang he loves them as well. This is what I put on my car but one could be very satisfied with the 35 watt kit.

Apexcone Premium Race HID Kit (55 watts)
- Bulb Type H13 (high and low beam)
- Color Temperature 6000k
- Warranty Standard 1-year warranty
- Wiring Harness Standard Plug-and-Play Harnesses
$244.95

Here is the site where I ordered mine from all you need to do is decide what watt, color of light and if you want hi/low or not.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=38
This is great info. Let us know if you come up with a reflector cone that works. I would love to have HID's, but the OEM kit(saw it on Steeda's news letter) is $1000. I don't want them that bad.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Remember I installed a 55 watt kit:eek: and thats 40% brighter then the 35 watt kit. The 35 watt kit I know everyone would love and is quite bright as well but not to the point where people are blinded by it. As I said earlier I installed a 35 watt kit in a 2007 V6 Mustang along with the fog lights and they are perfect. I'm going to order the 20% 07 Mustang Shelby GT500 Headlight & Fog Light Protection Kit from http://headlightarmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1479

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish that someone would make an OEMHID kit for the '07 GT 500.
I sent an email to Web Electric Products (the cool guys that have the seq. tail lights) and they have been looking into it, but said they can't get a price on the Ford HID and it'd be over $1500 for a set.

That's insane for a set of headlights. Some guys have priced them at dealerships for less than $700.

It's like landing at different airports in Mexico, every one has a different price.

Ford should have offered something that was at least reasonable.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Remember I installed a 55 watt kit:eek: and thats 40% brighter then the 35 watt kit. The 35 watt kit I know everyone would love and is quite bright as well but not to the point where people are blinded by it. As I said earlier I installed a 35 watt kit in a 2007 V6 Mustang along with the fog lights and they are perfect. I'm going to order the 20% 07 Mustang Shelby GT500 Headlight & Fog Light Protection Kit from http://headlightarmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1479
I like this company looks like nice stuff ! Like the blue fog lights for my VB car.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like this company looks like nice stuff ! Like the blue fog lights for my VB car.
I was tempted to go with yellow for the fogs, but decided against it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts