Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think its a bit too early to tell. I havent even heard of anyone with a Ford GT doing this type of modification yet. Tho, I believe Hennessey offers a packge, I dont think he's actually done one yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is pioneering territory right now. Do you realize how many supercharged 5.4L there are out there? NOT MANY!!! Anyway, I'm over 40 and thinking about reliability. After I strike oil I'll be thinking about repeatability. But for now, a cam change is distant and head work... ask a Ford GT guy. IMHO, at this point, improvement in a GT500 is more about weight and tires than HP anyway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you asking specs for replacement cams or the stock ones? I have the stock cam specs.

With the available power to be made from re-tune, more boost etc a cam change is one of the last mods I would think of unless I am shooting for 1000 or more hp. At this power level other changes to engine would need to be made.

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
I Would Like To Here More Engine, I Would Like My 65 Blown Fastback Lope In My 08 Shelby

Welcome, NewbieWan.

Contrary to popular belief the lope of a high lift cam isn't the end-all for anything performance-wise on a blown motor. GT40 cams won't give you that lumpy-lump idle either.

My guess is that your desire to "Here More Engine" (sic) is tied directly to your staggered use of the CAPS key.

But, if you insist on "Here(ing) More Engine", try removing the cats and the 1,4 and 7 spark plug wires.

bj

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Would Like To Here More Engine, I Would Like My 65 Blown Fastback Lope In My 08 Shelby
Never gonna happen with these mod motors, they have a sound all to themselves. I spent a small fortune on my 03 cobra trying to get some old-school thump and nothing ever sounded close to our beloved 5.0 pushrods from the fox bodies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts