Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, first off merry christmas, i was out at an open track day yesterday with the beast, and wow!!!!! this car is fun on the road but put it on the track and she comes alive, i was neck and neck with ferraris and porsches { in the straights}. i ran the car hard for three sessions, loaded up and headed for home, on the way back i noticed the blower wasn't kicking in, so i mashed on it harder and the boost would build to 4 to 5 psi for a split second and then fall back to zero, while still mashing it and no blower whine {trust me i know how to get the blower to spool up} when i got home i raised the hood everything looks o.k. but the blower was making a clicking/ticking sound? do these blowers have a pressure pop off valve? the car never redlined during the racing but it got very close. any thoughts before i take it in? p.s. the car is bone stock zero mods build date of 8-31-06

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
hey guys, first off merry christmas, i was out at an open track day yesterday with the beast, and wow!!!!! this car is fun on the road but put it on the track and she comes alive, i was neck and neck with ferraris and porsches { in the straights}. i ran the car hard for three sessions, loaded up and headed for home, on the way back i noticed the blower wasn't kicking in, so i mashed on it harder and the boost would build to 4 to 5 psi for a split second and then fall back to zero, while still mashing it and no blower whine {trust me i know how to get the blower to spool up} when i got home i raised the hood everything looks o.k. but the blower was making a clicking/ticking sound? do these blowers have a pressure pop off valve? the car never redlined during the racing but it got very close. any thoughts before i take it in? p.s. the car is bone stock zero mods build date of 8-31-06

Pull the battery cables. Wait 10 min. Replace them. Crank it up. If you still have a problem, take it in. You may have had an overboost situation and if so the computer will limit the boost. Try it. It may save you a trip.

bj

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the battery cables. Wait 10 min. Replace them. Crank it up. If you still have a problem, take it in. You may have had an overboost situation and if so the computer will limit the boost. Try it. It may save you a trip.

bj
dear vnmous1, hey thank you very much for the response i tried it out and the beast is happy again ( the boost is back). i was worried i might have hurt her, thanks again and have a merry christmas. dan:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

bj

Great job B.J.:D

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Great job B.J.:D
Thank you kind sir...and Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Yeah....I've seen this happen a couple of times, even without over revving it. It has to do with the spool up and pressure build, particularly in a higher G load situation like a corner. Don't know WHY it happens, though. Glad it worked out for Dan.

I doubt very seriously that he could have hurt a stock car on a road course without beating the snot out of it and over revving it constantly.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thank you kind sir...and Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Yeah....I've seen this happen a couple of times, even without over revving it. It has to do with the spool up and pressure build, particularly in a higher G load situation like a corner. Don't know WHY it happens, though. Glad it worked out for Dan.

I doubt very seriously that he could have hurt a stock car on a road course without beating the snot out of it and over revving it constantly.

bj

Happy holidays to you and your loved ones.:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hmmm. This car is starting to sound a bit like a Microsoft product. Things lock up for no reason, and you have to reboot it to get it to work again.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hmmm. This car is starting to sound a bit like a Microsoft product. Things lock up for no reason, and you have to reboot it to get it to work again.
You are correct Sir.It's the new Pentium GT 500 chip.;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's right 07.

But you guys should've waited for the 2008 model which were delivered with the upgraded GT500 'Duo Core' processor that eliminates the lockup followed by the reboot step.

Happy New Year to all of you! :D

All the best in 2008! :D

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That's right 07.

But you guys should've waited for the 2008 model which were delivered with the upgraded GT500 'Duo Core' processor that eliminates the lockup followed by the reboot step.

Happy New Year to all of you! :D

All the best in 2008! :D

:D :D :D

Ha ha ha ha.We are still on double secret probation.:D Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.I hope that 2008 is more stable for me:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts