Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving beasts like we have, we all get challenged from time to time out there. Whether you just laugh it off as they try to take you and you don't even try, or whether you smoke them or... hell... even if you get smoked... post your stories!

I was just out getting lunch from work a few minutes ago. On the way to pick up my food, I cruised by what looked like a '09 Mustang GT. About a mile later, I came up on a stop light and he cruised right back up and was next to me at the light. I could tell he was itching to give it a go, so I said what the hell.

When the light changed, he got the hole shot, and due to crappy road (serious road work needed at this intersection) my tires... though not out right spinning were chattering on each bump causing the car to get a little squirrely so I couldn't get fully on it until it could truly hook-up....which didn't take long. It gave him some hope early, getting his door all the way up to my front bumper, but the moment the tired hooked, I shot clear pretty quick... once clear I immediately shut it down (not going to go overboard on speeding or anything here) and he flew past. At the next light he was waiting and I was pulling up as it changed green, he gave me a thumbs up as I was going by - which I returned, as we went our separate ways.

Now he gets to tell a story about his mighty GT hanging for a hundred feet or so with a Shelby. ;)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Have You Benn Challenged?

This sounds suspiciously like Road Kill Drive- Thru...all I have to add is a Nissan Ultima recently :boohoo:
Not familiar with what "Road Kill Drive-Thru" is...

You were seriously challenged by someone in an Altima? :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
When I saw the heading "Have you been challenged" I thought perhaps it was mentally challenged or my friend Suellen Stover often talks about her brother being vertically challenged.

Makes me think that at one time there were used car lots but now there are previously owned cars?!

And I was challenged today by an Audi but in trying to figure out which car it was it appears that none of them really have a lot of horsepower so in retrospect I didn't really accomplish much except to take some air out of what seemed to be a pampas ass.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I saw the heading "Have you been challenged" I thought perhaps it was mentally challenged or my friend Suellen Stover often talks about her brother being vertically challenged.

Makes me think that at one time there were used car lots but now there are previously owned cars?!

And I was challenged today by an Audi but in trying to figure out which car it was it appears that none of them really have a lot of horsepower so in retrospect I didn't really accomplish much except to take some air out of what seemed to be a pampas ass.
Well... there are many challenges in life I suppose... ;)

As for the Audi... at least their owners aren't as bad as those with Bimmers.

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
I rarely do because I live 10 miles south of nowhere. But.. It doesn't matter to me. Whether it be moped, John Deere, or high HP auto. They try to pass me? It's ON!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts

Not familiar with what "Road Kill Drive-Thru" is...

You were seriously challenged by someone in an Altima? :lol:
It's a SVT Performance forum where they talk about street kills. And yes, I slowed down on some railroad tracks and an Altima (notice I corrected the spelling!) tried to blow bye. I think he just wanted to see me open up...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

It's a SVT Performance forum where they talk about street kills. And yes, I slowed down on some railroad tracks and an Altima (notice I corrected the spelling!) tried to blow bye. I think he just wanted to see me open up...
Gotcha... I went to the SVT Performance board once or twice a couple years ago... wasn't my kind of forum.

I started this thread because I had a fresh story to tell, yet there didn't seem to be a thread already existing that it would truly fit in. Since we all get these situations coming up, and they're usually good reads, why not make a thread for all of us to post our stories when they come up. ;)

I DID notice the spelling correction! He was probably thinking, that since you slowed, it was his one and only chance to take you... if ever... :lol:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I had a Dodge Diesel truck try and blow black smoke at me on the freeway on ramp today, he got little lesson in boost. The worst part, was as soon as I hit forth gear, there was a highway patrol looking right at me. Thank god he did not hit me with radar. The beltronics did not go off, because i was well over 100 when i looked down. It was an instant off ramp and dove into Costco for 30 minutes after that. :)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Last week I had a guy in a Saturn equipped with a fart can pull up beside me for a few seconds on the highway. He gave me a couple blips of the throttle but I wasn't going to do anything. After he stayed at my fender he slowly dropped back to my rear bumper and floored it. I was expecting a fly by but nothing happened. Just a loud fart can roar. I died laughing because his 100hp at 60mph couldn't pass me.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
339 Posts

Gotcha... I went to the SVT Performance board once or twice a couple years ago... wasn't my kind of forum.

I started this thread because I had a fresh story to tell, yet there didn't seem to be a thread already existing that it would truly fit in. Since we all get these situations coming up, and they're usually good reads, why not make a thread for all of us to post our stories when they come up. ;)

I DID notice the spelling correction! He was probably thinking, that since you slowed, it was his one and only chance to take you... if ever... :lol:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend...I regularly visit that particular section because I find the stories very amusing. Did you know an '11+ 5.0 will beat ANYTHING? Including a GT 500 at times.
Anyways, my most recent encounter was a very pretty C6 with LS-1 badging.
I don't really know what that means, but regardless the guy completely ignored me even as we unfortunately stopped, and lined up, at a couple of red lights....I certainly didn't push the issue but this guy was very happy cruising around below the speed limit

·
Moderator Dude!
28,303 Posts
This one time, at Shelbyfest, a blinged out white 13 tried to take me. I destroyed him with my hyperdrive. It would have been closer if he didn't install the 50 pound brake reservoir metal cover I crafted out of lead for his car.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend...I regularly visit that particular section because I find the stories very amusing. Did you know an '11+ 5.0 will beat ANYTHING? Including a GT 500 at times.
Anyways, my most recent encounter was a very pretty C6 with LS-1 badging.
I don't really know what that means, but regardless the guy completely ignored me even as we unfortunately stopped, and lined up, at a couple of red lights....I certainly didn't push the issue but this guy was very happy cruising around below the speed limit
Oh no worries, I wasn't offended, was just saying why I didn't get the reference. ;)

I find that most Corvette owners do drive below the speed limit... though I did take a Grand Sport on a roll last year.

This one time, at Shelbyfest, a blinged out white 13 tried to take me. I destroyed him with my hyperdrive. It would have been closer if he didn't install the 50 pound brake reservoir metal cover I crafted out of lead for his car.
I assume you have an R2 unit at home to keep that hyperdrive motivator tuned up? ;)

·
Banned
8,949 Posts
Pics or it never happened!:)

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I mostly get those coal-spewing diesels trying to mess with me. I only satisfied one with a red light run. He got excited and ran a red light. I waited for the green to actually occur and still passed him a moment later, Goodyears spinning as I did so.

Another time was a Neon with a big fart can. I came up on him on an on-ramp. He sped up and I hung with him. The road it joined to was a 55 zone. He sped up to 75. I thought about blasting past him but this is a road in town. Going that fast and faster just multiplies the risk to everyone so I held back. Just too many other cars and houses around. I'm sure he thought he had me, though.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,303 Posts
I've met some people that are challenged just getting out of bed. Me - I just flew all night and feel like mush (so I guess I'm "challenged too). Time for bed and then to meet a Shelby brotha for dinner in that city with a big steel semi-circle.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Seems like the only "revs" I get come from the coyotes. Everything else leaves me alone. Actually had one 5.0 guy give me the finger once from the opposite direction lane. WTH was that about? Where is the mustang brotherhood...I used to race at the drop of a hat, but don't any more. Scared myself couple of times doing it on the wrong roads.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts