Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealers want 25K over, another is 25K over to start for the silient auction, and one FL deal says 15K over....I live in CA but travel to FL.

Granted this is a just released new car that's generating a lot of attention driving up perceived value (supply and demand).

Anyhow, I suspect these dealer bumps will be short lived but curious what you guys are seeing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am paying $200 under MSRP and I will be picking my car up this week or next. It was bucked on the 23rd and should be in transit I hope.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I paid 5k over sticker at a dealer very close to my house. I live in chicago so its a tough market to get one at sticker but I gotta say worth every penny.

·
Registered
888 Posts
My dealership is selling their allotment at $5k over, but one other local dealership got $23k over (I asked the owner about this one). This dealership has gotten two in so far and already sold. A third dealership has a black coupe that they are asking $25k over on. They at least said it was negotiable. The only other one I have talked to didn't have theirs yet, but expected to be $10k-15k over MSRP. That one may already be in town, I haven't checked lately.

Most folks are not excited about posting how much they have paid over MSRP unless it is one of the better prices seen. That is expectable and it is personal information anyway.

The guy that I mentioned that paid $23k over ($68k) for his Shelby was pleased with his price before he found out that my ADM was less. The sad thing is, he came to my dealership first, but about a month too late to get one! The good thing is, the richer car went to the richer guy!

In some cases the money is not an object. I wonder how that must feel?

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
MSRP in September but local dealer got 25K over for two units, a coupe and a convertible.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I got $2K over MSRP from a small non-SVT dealer way out in the sticks. They are trying to buy another Shelby from another dealer, but so far have not been able to find anything under $20K over MSRP.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I paid MSRP on Oct 18th, small non svt dealer, just kept their word. They were offered 10k for their car and didnt sell it out from under me, very lucky bcuz I didnt have anything more than a verbal agreement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm paying $10,000 over for mine. The original deal was for $5,000 over but dealers are calling dealers and offering $10,000 over so I got bumped in price to keep my order.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My dealer told me they picked up 2 more cars at 10 over from other dealers, and plan on getting much more then that from the buyers. They now have a total of five, and all are sold. Paying over MSRP for most people is the way it will be. If you did not pay over "thank your lucky stars."

·
Registered
153 Posts
$12K over and worth every penny.
Most dealers in No Calif were 15-30 over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered and put a deposit down on my GT 500 in March 2006, at MSRP. I was the first in line. Someone else paid 10K more the following week for Job 2. When I went to pick up my car, the dealer tried to "car jack" me for 10K more. I was pissed, but the car is everything you can imagine and much, much more. So I agreed to pay a little more than MSRP - pocket change in my mind considering that the car is literally mind blowing.

I have driven the car almost 200 mile in rain and shine, with and without the top down. Even my wife thinks it was a great deal. If you can afford this car at any price, grab one. You only live once. But, my image of the auto industry has certainly changed, and I am not surprised that Ford and GM are in big financial trouble. They are like a "snake in the grass". I will not return to the dealer for any service, knowing that more tire tread will be left on the pavement at the "friendly local dealership".

I will look forward to keeping this car my entire life. If you see one in person, you will know why.

Good luck trying to get any sleep without one in your garage!

Snakebit

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I ordered and put a deposit down on my GT 500 in March 2006, at MSRP. I was the first in line. Someone else paid 10K more the following week for Job 2. When I went to pick up my car, the dealer tried to "car jack" me for 10K more. I was pissed, but the car is everything you can imagine and much, much more. So I agreed to pay a little more than MSRP - pocket change in my mind considering that the car is literally mind blowing.

I have driven the car almost 200 mile in rain and shine, with and without the top down. Even my wife thinks it was a great deal. If you can afford this car at any price, grab one. You only live once. But, my image of the auto industry has certainly changed, and I am not surprised that Ford and GM are in big financial trouble. They are like a "snake in the grass". I will not return to the dealer for any service, knowing that more tire tread will be left on the pavement at the "friendly local dealership".

I will look forward to keeping this car my entire life. If you see one in person, you will know why.

Good luck trying to get any sleep without one in your garage!

Snakebit
It is not just Ford and GM. When gas prices were high, just a few months ago, you could not get a Honda Civic without paying a premium. Blame it on capitalism and the laws of supply and demand. We have no one to blame but ourselves for if someone is willing to pay a premium then there is someone who is willing to accomodate them, which in turn sets the tone for the rest of us.

·
Registered
78 Posts
$12K over and worth every penny.
Most dealers in No Calif were 15-30 over.
I paid 20k over MSRP for mine and was glad to do it. I was guaranteed the car that I wanted without having to fret over it gong elsewhere. I paid cash for the car and never once felt taken advantage of.

The deal also included a signed contract for the dealers single 2008 and 2009 allocations at MSRP. At the end of the day I'm happy with the deal. 2008 will be a Torch Red Convertible and 2009 will be a black coupe (of course, this assumes Ford is still around to make them).

We live in a free market society and should be thankful we do. All this bitching about 'those dealers and their markups' is nonsense. Prices always meet what a buyer is willing to pay. Price controls have always proven to be disastrous. Indeed you can most likely get a better deal at an out of the way dealership, but, in the big cities, well, that's where the deep pockets are. Why is a dealershp trying to maximize their profits any different than members of this forum, when and if they sell a home, wanting to obtain every available extra dollar during the sale. I offer that there is no difference. Ok, off the soap box. Time to drive!

What I can say is the car is fabulous. When I drive mine I feel like a new person every time I get behind the wheel. Just about anywhere I go in the Shelby, when I stop it becomes a one man one vehicle instant car show.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know we are talking about 2007 shelbys but I wanted to give an example of what the price could do if a person wanted your car. I own a 67 GT500 that has gone up in price to the point I'm getting afraid to drive it. To that note I must say, I have received some offers that have floored me and almost made me want to sell. Shelby will tell you as he has told me " I never thought this car would be worth this much today". The car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. If a 67 Shelby was not a car that was wanted by so many people, it would not be worth the price people are willing to pay today. The same will go for the 2007 Shelby, if they want it they will pay it. It's not that this is wrong ,but the way it has always worked when you have something a lot of people want. I feel very lucky to have the chance to own another shelby and am willing to pay the price to do so. If the price of the car bothers you don't buy it. Find somethig else that makes you happy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I paid $5K over from a high volume SoCal dealership. They still have an allocation for a vert. There is a possibility that the GM is going to take that one for himself...if not, I think its going to go for around $20K-$25K over...:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was getting my wifes Honda Accord Hybrid oil changed yesterday and while in the showroom I saw that they have a $5000 ADM on the new Honda Civic Hybrid!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I was getting my wifes Honda Accord Hybrid oil changed yesterday and while in the showroom I saw that they have a $5000 ADM on the new Honda Civic Hybrid!
I wonder how much of an ADM I'm going to have to pay on my Christmas goose this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for you inputs and guidance! Sounds like a dream machine!

Was anyone been able to take the car for test drive ahead of the purchase? No dice here.

If not, would the Mustang GT be a close representation of the car's capabilities & handling? (except for the HP!)

Short story, my wife really wants to buy an anniversary gift for me, but I'm really picky when it comes to cars!

Thanks again,

Ron

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks everyone for you inputs and guidance! Sounds like a dream machine!

Was anyone been able to take the car for test drive ahead of the purchase? No dice here.

If not, would the Mustang GT be a close representation of the car's capabilities & handling? (except for the HP!)

Short story, my wife really wants to buy an anniversary gift for me, but I'm really picky when it comes to cars!

Thanks again,

Ron
Don't be a fool take the car and run. Hell as a gift it's a no brainer. Are you for real?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts