Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there. I recently purchased a beautiful 2012 GT500. My appreciation to the previous owner who treated this beauty with love and care. Thank you!
My question is in regards to using the Mister Car Wash to keep the car clean. The Shelby GT500 owners manual suggests staying away from these automated car washes due to the possible damage to spoilers and such. I have always used the Mister Car wash for my BMW and Volvo C30. I would appreciate any info anyone can share. thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Hotrod2012! Thanks for introducing yourself and Happy Thanksgiving to you! You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics of your car directly to the forum.

As for the car wash... does your car have vinyl stripes? I recommend hand washing if you have vinyl stripes so you don’t get any peeling from automated washes.

On a different note, we recommend everyone put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @Hotrod2012! Thanks for introducing yourself and Happy Thanksgiving to you! You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics of your car directly to the forum.

As for the car wash... does your car have vinyl stripes? I recommend hand washing if you have vinyl stripes so you don’t get any peeling from automated washes.

On a different note, we recommend everyone put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.
Thanks Goose17! good information. I will also provide a signature. Looking forward to the forum. Be safe.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,808 Posts
Thanks Goose17! good information. I will also provide a signature. Looking forward to the forum. Be safe.
I see your car in your avatar Mark... I personally would not run it through an automated wash. I know some members have, but I wouldn’t.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
340 Posts
Oh, no! Don’t do it! 🤪
I would be more worried about damage to the wheels from the tracks.
If this is "just a car" (which it is) to you and nothing special, then by all means, take it through a car wash. I would bet most on here wouldn’t dream of it, myself included.
Most importantly, enjoy the he11 out of that car and congratulations!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great looking car.

I will also chime in and say please don't use the automatic car wash. Way too many opportunities for damage. Besides, the use of a good foam cannon, followed by a two bucket method hand wash, a quick air wipe using an air blaster, and a final soft cloth wipe down is quite therapeutic. At least for me it is, and a lot less chance for damages. Just my .02 cents for the day. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
5,045 Posts
Welcome aboard! And congrats on your Shelby!

Please don't run it through an automated car wash. Wash by hand if possible using a two bucket method. Will help keep your paint looking good and swirl free! (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts