Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how long have you been hanging out on the forums?

Do you think you will ever get tired of checking in?

I started on Stangsunleashed 2 years ago, the first forum I had ever been on.

Then this forum and I of recent am visiting another.

But now that my car is about where I want it, and I don't need to check in for info so much, and the fact the the fun once had on Stangsunleashed is gone, I'm kinda getting to where this isn't as interesting as it once was.

TS is so overwhelming with threads, and this site seems to have slowed down again also.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
It's also warming up outside and people aren't stuck insode and behind the screen as much.

I still check in depending on the amount of time I have. RL takes presidence over the internet anyday.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Been on the boards since I first saw this car at the April 05 NYIAS searching for any info I could find about it,as a member on SU since July of 05.

I like checking in for any new info ,it's the best place to get info on these cars plus I enjoy talking with others with the same interests . Always nice to meet new people and maybe get together with outside of this place especially with our cars that we enjoy so much.

The thing that seems to cause increased activity is when we change or add something to our cars because it is usually of interest to all. The other thing of interest is if there is a problem someone is having or has dealt with .

Yes as time goes on there will be less activity . Some will sell their car others willl finally have their car where they want it and not feel the need or interest in any new things. This is just normal.

Perhaps new annual get togethers with clubs or friends will help keep us interested but I'm sure not at the same level as before at least on the boards.

You have to have something to look forward to or dream about in life otherwise the enjoyment in life will wither away.

To me the people are the most important part of these boards. If you don't like the kind of people your talking to and sharing things with then you won't feel comfortable and you'll feel out of place. If that did happen I guess it would be time to move on .

I met many great people at SU and here also. Some I got to know on the Dearborn trip last year which made talking on the boards to them even better since we got to know each other in person.
I look forward to future gatherings as long as I have this car which I hope will be for a very long time to come.

George....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been on the boards since I first saw this car at the April 05 NYIAS searching for any info I could find about it,as a member on SU since July of 05.

I like checking in for any new info ,it's the best place to get info on these cars plus I enjoy talking with others with the same interests . Always nice to meet new people and maybe get together with outside of this place especially with our cars that we enjoy so much.

The thing that seems to cause increased activity is when we change or add something to our cars because it is usually of interest to all. The other thing of interest is if there is a problem someone is having or has dealt with .

Yes as time goes on there will be less activity . Some will sell their car others willl finally have their car where they want it and not feel the need or interest in any new things. This is just normal.

Perhaps new annual get togethers with clubs or friends will help keep us interested but I'm sure not at the same level as before at least on the boards.

You have to have something to look forward to or dream about in life otherwise the enjoyment in life will wither away.

To me the people are the most important part of these boards. If you don't like the kind of people your talking to and sharing things with then you won't feel comfortable and you'll feel out of place. If that did happen I guess it would be time to move on .

I met many great people at SU and here also. Some I got to know on the Dearborn trip last year which made talking on the boards to them even better since we got to know each other in person.
I look forward to future gatherings as long as I have this car which I hope will be for a very long time to come.

George....

So, in short I need a new dream? But I don't like the Z06?

·
Registered
429 Posts
:bluecap: you dont need a new dream!!!
ya just gotta live the one you have
get out an play with it!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys around town all want to sit around at car shows and such. I want to drive, take a cruise. I try to get some of them to plan something, but they just aren't up for it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
So how long have you been hanging out on the forums?

3 years. Started with MustangMach1.org and SVTOTCA here in MN., then lurked on stangsunleashed for a while. Just as I began to get comfortable, it moved to TS. Then to this site.

Do you think you will ever get tired of checking in?

Since losing my job in February, this is the first time I have ever had time to check in regulary, as my last 2 positions cost 60+ hours a week. When I am frustrated with the job hunt, nothing seems to lift my spirits more than chatting with those who have similar interests. I am not a fan of those who like to argue. Case in point, the recent KB Stage 1 for sale topics both here and on TS. But, like most of us, I enjoy a little rubbernecking to see what transpires.

I'm not mechanically inclined, and a lot of topics are over my head, but I have learned quite a bit about my vehicle, especially here and on stangsunleashed (TS).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys around town all want to sit around at car shows and such. I want to drive, take a cruise. I try to get some of them to plan something, but they just aren't up for it?

I can sit a car show for an hour or so, but I have no patience to sit around all day. I guess I really don't fit in with the car show crowd. A good Saturday for me is a nice eraly morning cruise with a good cup of coffee, some time cleaning her up, and an evening cruise to find some ricers to provoke:bandit: . Nothing like a gray haired 40 year old making a kid look bad in front of his girlfriend.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That's what I was talking about ....going places , meeting friends and new people. If the place where you meet is an interesting place then it's double the fun.

Like the VIR track day , the outer banks trip, the Dearborn get together or a simple night out with other car guys at a drive in resturant....

Like you did with the Mini people.....sounds funny that way. LOL

Having something to plan for and look forward to is part of the fun...it keeps you alive.(not literally)LOL

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can sit a car show for an hour or so, but I have no patience to sit around all day. I guess I really don't fit in with the car show crowd. A good Saturday for me is a nice eraly morning cruise with a good cup of coffee, some time cleaning her up, and an evening cruise to find some ricers to provoke:bandit: . Nothing like a gray haired 40 year old making a kid look bad in front of his girlfriend.
I could have written this.:)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I was talking about ....going places , meeting friends and new people. If the place where you meet is an interesting place then it's double the fun.

Like the VIR track day , the outer banks trip, the Dearborn get together or a simple night out with other car guys at a drive in resturant....

Like you did with the Mini people.....sounds funny that way. LOL

Having something to plan for and look forward to is part of the fun...it keeps you alive.(not literally)LOL
Hopefully VIR is half what I expect. I am putting a lot into that trip.

Most stuff planned on this forum is too far for me to ever even consider.

The Nags Head trip has been tainted in other ways.

The events w/ the Mini's has been fun, but I don't know any of the people, and at each event it is always different people.

For example, the Mustang club here has 100 members, the Mini club has 400-500 members.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm always up for a cruise. Screw sitting around. 48hrs, and i'll be doing just that...after some sleep of course.:D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm always up for a cruise. Screw sitting around. 48hrs, and i'll be doing just that...after some sleep of course.:D
Are you back in town?

My car is down, waiting on some powdercoated stuff to be returned, then to the track on Friday...hope it doesn't rain.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts