Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 gt500 Ford performance blue base model.
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the skinny pedal today. Took a picture of my soul behind the car trying to keep up…

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
69 Posts
Hit the skinny pedal today. Took a picture of my soul behind the car trying to keep up…
Make sure you pre-charge both pressurized vapor knuckles located next to the Gnip-Gnop switch for a really hard launch.:LOL:

Got any pics of your 68?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t started the restoration. Finishing up my 72 fj40. But I can share a few. It is a gt fastback with tilt and tilt away wheel. Open the door and the wheel pops over to the center console. Ac cruise control etc. had every option from that era. 302. I put a aod in it in 1987 to give me overdrive. Love that car! Can’t wait to get started on it. Been sitting for 30 years. Had an issue once I rebuilt the motor with intake and induction. Only out a few hundred miles on the rebuild. My wife is sooooo onboard with me dumping ridiculous amounts of money into it to make it my new favorite toy…. God I love that woman!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is a dirty girl. 30+ years of not being cleaned.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sold a 1967 fastback a few years ago and the guy offered me $. 50,000 cash in it’s condition. I turned him down flat. Said I’ll never sale It. Look in the obituary for my name. Will be $10 then!!! But for me it is priceless. Once I get it in my garage. Stroker 427 and think I’m putting a 5 speed manual. Other than that I’m going with speed or track suspension , floating 9 inch and just keeping it fairly stock after that…..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Try Drag Mode… set launch control to 1500ish unless on concrete. Keep the steering wheel top dead center and don’t lift until you start to dribble a little pee. It is awesome! 🤟

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
69 Posts
I sold a 1967 fastback a few years ago and the guy offered me $. 50,000 cash in it’s condition. I turned him down flat. Said I’ll never sale It. Look in the obituary for my name. Will be $10 then!!! But for me it is priceless. Once I get it in my garage. Stroker 427 and think I’m putting a 5 speed manual. Other than that I’m going with speed or track suspension , floating 9 inch and just keeping it fairly stock after that…..
Great looking project. I have a '65 Coupe that has been sitting in my warehouse for years. I dont have the skills or the time to perform the work myself, but narrowed down to a couple of places to whip it back into shape for me. Nothing crazy. Needs some rumble and an aggressive stance. Keep us posted on how yours goes.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I lose steam in the winter. We can get -15 for days on end due to an inversion layer. My darn Fj is taking longer than I expected. But, there is always another project jumping the line... Bought a 85 F150 project for $50 in May and have just about rebuilt the whole damn thing. Wanted something cheap to haul the boat to the lake due to my towing behind the 5th wheel puts me around 81.5'. Its soooooo legal. But, thank you. I'm not a concourse guy by any means nor a nut and bolt restoration is not happening either. I'm headed toward Restomod and really couldn't give a rats ars about resale value nor originality. Hopefully '22 is the year for starting it.
Will do on the progress.
I have a couple of old flat fender power wagons. One might jump the line and get some work done so it can be the boat towing machine.... Wife says quit putting off the Mustang. God I really love that woman...!
Hopefully, you can get your rolling soon too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts